Data Scientist, Ad-Tech
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, including CBS, CNN, Fox Sports, GQ, Mashable, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 4 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
Make a huge impact for Dailymotions by joining our team as a Data Scientist within our AdTech team. You will be responsible for building models within a complex video advertsiing ecosystem to make data-driven decisions and shape the future experience for all Dailymotion viewers.
- Work with fast-paced initiatives, overseeing projects from idea conception and strategy development to deployment, production, and operations
- Leverage petabytes of video, audience engagement and advertising data to build customized experiences for users and advertisers at scale
· Responsible for full-cycle development of machine learning models from data collection and cleansing to feature engineering to model selection, prototyping and validation to A/B testing to deployment on managed cloud platforms to documentation and maintenance
- Develop data collection, forecasting, and reporting procedures that instantly highlight business opportunities, flag potential issues, and ease reporting to all business stakeholders
- Work with a global team on data science challenges related to online advertising
- Masters or PhD in computer science, statistics, or a related field
- Have a deep understanding of online advertising technologies and ecosystem, with a focus on revenue forecasting and inventory management
- >3 years experience building end-to-end models for real-world internet scale systems
- Excellent software engineering fundamentals (programming, data structures, complexity analysis, testing, etc.)
- Experience with data science tool kits (Pandas, NumPy, Scipy, NLTK, Spark, Weka, Docker) and platforms (Google Cloud, AWS, etc.)
- Proficient in query languages (SQL, Hive, Pig) and in MySQL or NoSQL databases
- Excellent business sense and communication skills
Location: New York
Type of contract: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
• Flexible time off, vacation, holidays, sick-leave so you can take time off when you need to
• Fitness club membership to NY Health & Racquet Club
• 100% healthcare coverage starting on day 1
• Commuter benefits
• 401k Contribution
• Paid parental leave
• Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks and drinks
If you want to explore Dailymotion culture a little further please check out:
1./ Our BuiltIn page: https://www.builtinnyc.com/company/dailymotion
2./ Our Recent Global Hackathon in November 2018. https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x70val9
3./ Welcome to the Jungle page: https://www.welcometothejungle.co/companies/dailymotion/team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.