Data Scientist, Analytics
Hinge is hiring a Data Scientist to join the team. As the newest member of the data science team, you will continuously glean actionable insight from massive amounts of data for the purpose of driving product and business decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Translate product and business objectives to data science problems and vice versa.
- Define and report key performance metrics.
- Develop methodologies in sampling, A/B testing, and survey design.
- Apply statistical inference to draw rigorous conclusions from data.
- Use a combination of exploratory analysis and data mining techniques to identify and interpret trends and anomalies.
- Communicate results and make actionable recommendations to stakeholders in Product, Marketing, and Community.
- 2+ years of experience as a data scientist or quantitative researcher
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in Python or R, especially with data manipulation, analysis, and visualization packages
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of statistics
- Solid understanding of machine learning principles and models
- Experience with business analytics and A/B testing
- Strong sense of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- Exceptional communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to balance rigor with practicality
- Familiarity with Looker
- Working knowledge of Linux (command line)
Objectives in the first three months
- Learn to work with the main data sources and tools at Hinge.
- Familiarize with the Data Science team’s ongoing projects and propose some ideas for iteration.
- Deliver one major analytics project for Product, Marketing, or Community from start to finish.
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.