Data Scientist, Clinical Workflows at Flatiron Health (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
We're looking for a Data Insights Engineer to join our Clinical Workflows team and help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
Data Insights is a diverse and talented team with strong expertise in discovering, prototyping and launching new data products. Clinical Workflows is a group of roughly one hundred specialists, including product managers, software engineers, data scientists, designers, clinicians and operations specialists that build OncoEMR,our best-in-class oncology specific Electronic Health Record (EHR) software. You’ll work with oncologists and other members of the care team to understand the workflows clinicians use while treating patients and to identify solutions that enable them to provide the best possible care for their patients.
As a Data Insights Engineer on this team, you will embed within scrum teams as a core member of end-to-end projects to develop new features in our EHR. You will synthesize user feedback and data to help guide the team’s product roadmap and lead research and development efforts for our OncoEMR product suite. In addition, you'll also:
- Design and build data pipelines, reports, and dashboards that provide near-real-time insights about product usage
- Drive instrumentation, metric development, and insight generation to inform product strategy
- Work closely with product, design, clinical, and engineering teams to prototype new features
- Occasionally lead complex quantitative research involving disparate data sources
- Immerse yourself in business and technical context to help your team identify opportunities for unlocking new value from our unique data sets
In addition to working with cross-functional business partners across the company, you will have many opportunities to connect with other members of the DI organization for best practices, lessons learned, and community-building.
Who You Are
You are an entrepreneurial, customer-focused data scientist, experienced in using data to improve digital products. You are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You are a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make a real impact on people’s lives.
- You have 2+ years of relevant working experience in an analytical and technical capacity
- You have collaborated with other technical team members in a production development environment using formal version control, Python, and SQL
- You have strong intuition for how to model and clean data
- You can clearly define a problem, explain the value in solving it, evaluate possible approaches with stakeholder feedback, and execute on a project plan
- You are organized with strong prioritization and communication skills
- You thrive in a cross-functional environment
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have analytics experience in a healthcare setting
- You have experience visualizing data in Tableau or Looker dashboards
- You have experience developing and productionalizing machine learning models
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
COVID-19: Please note that, pursuant to Flatiron's health and safety protocol relating to COVID-19, all Flatiron employees, including individuals selected for hire, are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status, and must be fully vaccinated in order to access our offices or travel to customer sites. Vaccination requirements are subject to legally required exemptions for disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs, though exemptions may not be feasible for some external-facing roles.