Data Scientist, Customer Operations
Customer Operations Data Scientists formulate the analytical frameworks and provide the technical rigor to measure the efficacy of, and shape the future for, Squarespace’s award-winning Customer Operations team. In close partnership with management, you’ll identify the fundamental questions we need to ask and have ownership over the data-driven means of addressing them.
Depending on your area of focus, challenges you may tackle in a typical day include:
- Analyzing how and why customers request support and partnering with stakeholders on initiatives related to ticket deflection
- Testing and measuring the effectiveness of new support offerings
- Building dashboards to allow management to understand operational efficiency and performance in real time
- Bridging customer interactions with business outcomes and product usage
- Identifying and analyzing performance and efficiency opportunities with Customer Operations leadership
- Understanding the drivers of ticket volume and forecasting demand for customer service
- Optimizing ticket queueing
- Segmenting customers to predict the most effective communication or remediation method
We are seeking a Data Scientist who demonstrates sharp intellectual curiosity, data fluency, and a collaborative work ethic. This role reports to the Director of Analytics in New York.
- Collaborate with business partners and manage stakeholders
- Empower data-driven decision-making across the org by defining analytical frameworks to guide key business decisions; develop and maintain dashboards to provide visibility into relevant metrics
- Surface insights from terabytes of proprietary user, product, and marketing data; communicate compelling recommendations to key stakeholders
- Formulate innovative hypotheses; design and implement rigorous methodologies for testing them
- Utilize cutting-edge statistical/machine learning techniques to build models furthering the org’s understanding of and ability to predict consumer behavior
- Continuously get better - seek out opportunities to further develop your analytical, engineering, statistical, etc. toolkit
- 2+ years of relevant analytical experience working with data or MS in a relevant technical field
- Strong competency with SQL and a scripting language (Python preferred)
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide-range of audiences
- Comfort working on open-ended problems with limited guidance
- Strong data intuition and ability to apply statistical concepts to quick moving initiatives
- Ability to devise data-driven solutions to business problems
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 950 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.