Data Scientist - Evaluations
We are seeking a data scientist with passion for addressing business needs through data analysis to join our team. As an individual contributor on this team, you will work side-by-side with senior members of the team and internal partners from across the organization. This position requires outstanding problem-solving, analytical and communication skills; experience with multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment; and the tenacity to execute against deliverables in a timely, high-quality fashion.
You'll work with clinical and administrative healthcare data to design and develop statistical analyses to study the impact from Quartet intervention. You’ll develop a deep understanding of Quartet interventions and the predictive models and algorithms that enable effective integration of mental health into primary care to steer patients towards better health. You will learn and apply statistical methodologies to measure outcomes and impact of interventions.
- Design and develop data analyses, visualizations, statistical experiments and measurement methodologies using electronic health records, healthcare claims, our software product data, and other datasets.
- Work comfortably with data that may not be clean and the data munging involved to run your analyses.
- Become a subject matter expert on our product, claims, EHR, clickstream, and demographic data and their capabilities.
- Collaborate with Senior Data Scientists, to guide machine learning and experiment designs with an eye towards patient outcome improvement.
- Collaborate with Data Platform to develop new data models needed for evaluation.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence to align company goals and operations to outcome improvement.
- Learn and contribute to team efforts to make our code scalable, our reports data-rich and actionable, and our research reproducible.
- Identify questions we should attempt to answer based on business goals
- Perform exploratory analyses to uncover novel insights in our data.
- Create detailed, actionable specifications for new data models.
- Prepare reports and presentations of our insights for external partners.
- Develop and test descriptive and predictive models.
- BS in a highly quantitative discipline.
- Formal academic training in statistics and computer science.
- 2 years of professional experience in data analysis or applied research.
- 2 years of professional experience managing complex data models.
- 2 years of professional experience with programming.
- 1-2 years of professional experience working with claims and EHR data is desirable.
- Understanding of traditional econometric methods (difference-in-difference regression, propensity score matching and reweighting, regression discontinuities, etc.).
- Understanding of statistical/machine learning methods (generalized linear models, bootstrap estimation, bootstrap aggregation, RandomForest, boosting algorithms, etc.).
- Strong data transformation and extraction skills with SQL databases.
- Strong statistical programming skills in both Python and R.
- Comfort/self-sufficiency with Amazon Web Services infrastructure.
- Comfort/self-sufficiency with Linux servers.
- Comfort/self-sufficiency with git for version control
- A critical eye for detail.
- A proven ability to collaborate productively and communicate effectively with others.
- A proven ability to learn from and grow the knowledge and skills of teammates.