The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier, and are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to determine ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.#LongLiveDogs
The Data Strategy and Insights department supports the entirety of the company, ensuring that every decision at The Farmer’s Dog is made with optimal insights and minimal friction. As a Data Scientist specializing in Forecasting and Optimization, you will leverage diverse datasets alongside your strong math skills to deepen and broaden the insights provided through our data as they relate to customer needs, experience, and behaviors. Your work will also have a strong influence on customer experience, and help to optimize various aspects of operations, experimental design and analysis, and you will get to interact with all corners of our business including growth, operations, finance, and marketing.
As a Data Scientist at The Farmer’s Dog, you will be a strong collaborator with the many amazing people throughout the company. You will work most closely with our data product manager to identify high-value work, with an eye towards the actions it enables. You will brainstorm with our small team of data scientists on modeling and solutions to our problems.
This role is based in NYC and reports to the Head of Data Strategy and Insights.How You'll Make an Impact
As a Data Scientist at The Farmer’s Dog, you will:
- Create predictive models that the team can leverage into prescriptive insights
- Be a driving force in answering our most difficult questions
- Help drive life-long retention by unearthing our customer pain points and informing solutions.
- Leverage our myriad data sources to help friction points people encounter in deciding to try The Farmer’s Dog.
- Work closely with our marketing team to more deeply understand how our different approaches of communicating the benefits of fresh food for dogs impacts growth
- Work with operations to help optimize fulfillment across different regions
- Provide insights to our CX / Customer Service teams on which issues most deeply affect our customers
- You understand the value of “done”, and prioritize action over model accuracy.
- You have worked with business stakeholders before, and understand how to turn data into actionable insights
- In addition to your proven academics, you have at least 4 years of industry experience in a non-internship role, where your insights have influenced the decision-making.
- You are extremely comfortable with R
- You have ample experience with:
- bayesian methods
- time-series forecasting
- optimization problems
- feature engineering
- feature selection
- imbalanced data
- experimentation & causal inference
- You have a natural curiosity, always asking the next question and seeking to understand concepts down to their core level
- You love dogs
- You prefer to work with a team rather than working alone
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota