Data Scientist I (Marketing Strategy & Analytics)
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are looking for a Data Scientist / Data Engineer, who will support the high-performance Growth Strategy & Analytics team and work cross-functionally to develop data infrastructure to scale with channel, market, and brand expansion efforts. Using a builder mindset, this candidate will help develop, launch, and automate tools that drive better marketing investments. The candidate will gain exposure to all facets of marketing - Growth, CRM, Brand, Partnerships, Creative, PR, and more. They will also gain exposure to many cross-functional partners including Finance, Research Analytics, Product, Engineering and more.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Manage and maintain the data ETL pipeline infrastructure growth marketing
- Liaise with vendors/agencies on external data pipelines, design valid and impactful experimentation
- Perform algorithmic modeling for media mix optimization to understand and quantify effects of multi-channel marketing
- Model new TV data from recently signed 3rd party vendor and provide optimization recommendations
- Work on revising our customer lifetime value model as a key metric to drive acquisition investment targets and budget planning decisions
- Field requests from Growth team and C-Suite to perform data analysis
You Should Have
- 1-2 years of experience doing quantitative analysis
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Math or other technical fields (Master degrees in quantitative files is preferred)
- Experience in thinking strategically and structurally, and driving execution
- Experience in platform/tools Python, SQL, Spark, AWS and demonstrate (via Github or other) coding ability
- Experience with distributed system
- Advanced in statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, predictive modeling
- Keen business acumen and ability to sanity-check numbers
- Analyzing complex and ambiguous datasets to produce actionable insights
Got any of these? Even Better
- Experience with A/B testing, lift study, incrementally and digital marketing
- Ability to defend surprising or unpopular results against challenges from skeptical stakeholder
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.