Data Scientist, Marketing Analytics at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
Data is core to our growing business and has been ingrained in the company's DNA since its founding. The Data Science team is the engine that powers our data-driven culture. We extract meaning from RTR’s many, rich customer interactions and partner with decision makers across the company to turn insights into actions. Our team of well-rounded data scientists manages data models, defines and analyzes performance metrics, builds reporting, runs A/B experiments, and develops statistical and machine learning models.
About the Job:
We are looking for a Data Scientist to help take marketing analytics RTR to the next level. In this role you will work with talented partners across email and paid marketing to define our online and offline strategies, measure performance, and optimize campaign efficiency. You will sit within the broader Consumer Analytics team, collaborating with other data scientists to drive growth across major company initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with marketing and engineering teams to ensure that the appropriate data are collected to measure performance across online and offline channels
- Develop our marketing data model, creating new, reusable tables with built-in data validations and extensible architecture
- Define and expose KPIs that measure marketing performance
- Apply quantitative analysis and data mining techniques to uncover actionable insights
- Build media mix and attribution models to inform allocation of the paid marketing budget
- Set up a framework to test incrementality of new and existing marketing channels
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments to refine marketing tactics
- Identify new opportunities to leverage data science for better decision-making (working with and developing machine learning models, optimization models, etc.)
- You have a strong quantitative and/or technical academic background, such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or Physics (masters is a plus!)
- You have 4+ years experience in a data analytics and/or data science role, using quantitative analysis to solve challenging, real-world problems
- You have 2+ years experience in marketing analytics with exposure to a range of online advertising channels, such as display, search, email, and social.
- You have experience working with a marketing tech stack and digital data technologies (Google Analytics, pixel tracking, etc.)
- You are familiar with statistical methods and A/B testing
- You have hands-on experience developing statistical models in Python and/or R
- You have a strong handle on SQL; you can comfortably navigate joins, subqueries, window functions, and common table expressions
- You have experience creating dashboards with a BI tool such as Tableau or Looker
- You have a track record of building strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- You’re able to communicate effectively with a wide-range of audiences
- You’re extremely curious and excited to dive into complex problems
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.