Data Scientist - Natural Language Processing
The Farmer’s Dog exists to simplify giving every dog their best life. First up? Completely reimagining what pet food is, how it’s made, and how it’s delivered. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Our company was launched after our Co-founder, Brett’s, battle to cure the stomach issues of his Rottweiler, Jada. He quickly realized just how broken the commercial pet food industry was - even the “organic” and “natural” varieties proved to be heavily processed - and it was only when his vet recommended a fresh, home-cooked diet that Jada began to improve and was eventually cured. Through a combination of proprietary technology, and a lot of heart, our direct-to-consumer service was born.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a Data Scientist specializing in natural language processing to join the Data Strategy & Insights team. You will be tasked with leveraging diverse data sets and your math & NLP skills to deepen and broaden the insights provided through our data as they relate to operations, finance, marketing, customer experience, and all aspects of our business.
As a Data Scientist, you will be a strong collaborator with the many amazing people at The Farmer's Dog.
Example projects you could work on:
- Provide insights to our CX / Customer Service teams on which issues most deeply affect our dogs and humans
- Help to predict issues before they arise so our team can resolve them seamlessly for our customers
- Work with our massive data sets of customer feedback to help identify best areas of improvement
You should feel extremely comfortable with all aspects of
- Word Embedding
- Feature Engineering
- Sequence Modeling
- Forecast Modeling
- Data cleaning and wrangling
- Strong familiarity with Tensorflow and/or Keras
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Have a look at our company and the other roles we are hiring. If this is your dream job, we encourage you to apply, regardless if the description below is you or not. Maybe we got it wrong? If so, show us.
In our mind, our ideal candidate might have a background similar to the following:
- An advanced degree in a quantitative or social sciences field
- Work experience in a high tech company
- Work experience in a retail or e-commerce business
- A meaningful personal project
- Ability to work in quick iterations, communicating strongly and openly between iterations.
- Natural curiosity -- asking the next question and seeking to understand at the nuanced level to spark a new idea
- Plays nicely with others (humans and dogs)
- Prefer dogs to other species.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- DOGS EVERYWHERE!
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Discount on TFD food for your pup!
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited vacation & sick days
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Team outings, coffee always brewed fresh, and a strong snack game
Additionally, in this highly visible role you will have the opportunity to elevate the analytics functions at The Farmer's Dog through partnering with stakeholders at all levels of the company. In doing so, you’ll not only help analyze and understand trends, but you’ll have an active voice in the development and growth of the business.
PS Adding in Deep Learning keyword here. If you found this job programmatically, let us know and we will fast track you ;)