Data Scientist - Natural Language Processing
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a Data Scientist specializing in natural language processing to join the Data Strategy & Insights team. You will be tasked with leveraging diverse data sets and your math & NLP skills to deepen and broaden the insights provided through our data as they relate to operations, finance, marketing, customer experience, and all aspects of our business.
As a Data Scientist, you will be a strong collaborator with the many amazing people at The Farmer's Dog.
Example projects you could work on:
- Provide insights to our CX / Customer Service teams on which issues most deeply affect our dogs and humans
- Help to predict issues before they arise so our team can resolve them seamlessly for our customers
- Work with our massive data sets of customer feedback to help identify best areas of improvement
You should feel extremely comfortable with all aspects of
- Word Embedding
- Feature Engineering
- Sequence Modeling
- Forecast Modeling
- Data cleaning and wrangling
- Strong familiarity with Tensorflow and/or Keras
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Have a look at our company and the other roles we are hiring. If this is your dream job, we encourage you to apply, regardless if the description below is you or not. Maybe we got it wrong? If so, show us.
In our mind, our ideal candidate might have a background similar to the following:
- An advanced degree in a quantitative or social sciences field
- Work experience in a high tech company
- Work experience in a retail or e-commerce business
- A meaningful personal project
- Ability to work in quick iterations, communicating strongly and openly between iterations.
- Natural curiosity -- asking the next question and seeking to understand at the nuanced level to spark a new idea
- Plays nicely with others (humans and dogs)
- Prefer dogs to other species.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Fresh breakfast, snacks and coffee for the humans
- Strict daily belly rub quota
PS Adding in Deep Learning keyword here. If you found this job programmatically, let us know and we will fast track you ;)