Data Scientist - Operational Analytics at Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for acid reflux), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
We are building a new type of healthcare company, rethinking both delivery of care and the pharmaceutical supply chain. We operate our own telemedicine platform and e-commerce site, where we connect users with physicians and sell our own line of FDA-approved drugs. Our goal is to improve health outcomes through an integrated care experience.
As a fast growing company, we are ingesting and generating ever increasing amounts of data. We’re looking for a talented Data Scientist to support Thirty Madison’s medical group and clinical operations. This person will touch all aspects of the data life cycle, including data modeling, analysis, business intelligence, and more, in order to provide impactful, data-driven insights that help answer our toughest questions and inform our key business decisions.You’re the right person for the role if you are:
- Master multi-tasker who is able to balance multiple priorities and projects all at once.
- Passionate about building a data-backed culture that supports decision making.
- A teammate with no ego who is eager to dig into tough, often ambiguous problems and come up with creative solutions.
- Passionate about contributing to data projects that will drive the strategy of our medical operations.
- An effective communicator who can present findings to business audiences and technical audiences.
- Work on high-value projects and collaborate with colleagues to build the best possible data-driven solutions.
- Contribute to the full life cycle of analytics projects, including project ideation, defining business requirements, developing data pipelines, performing statistical analysis, producing deliverables for business stakeholders, and extracting insights.
- Assist in developing methodologies to assess quality of care and operational efficiency in telehealthcare.
- Develop metrics and prototypes that can be used to drive business performance.
- 2+ years of previous experience working on analytics and/or business intelligence teams.
- Fluent in SQL
- Experience working with business stakeholders to produce data deliverables, such as dashboards and reports, to influence strategy and decision making.
- Experience contributing to collaborative codebases using version control.
- Passion for the Thirty Madison mission of rapidly growing access to healthcare.
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry, particularly telehealth and clinical operations.
- Experience using Python for statistical analysis and data visualization.
- Experience as an early data hire in a startup environment.
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.