Data Scientist, Sales Analytics at Slice
What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology and marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, and marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
Slice is looking for data scientists with different seniority to join our Business Analytics team and help power the growth and success of the Sales organization. You will have a deep understanding and empathy for how sales teams operate and are a great partner to work closely with Sales leadership on a daily basis. You are scrappy and excited about working in an evolving business and data infrastructure, you feel passionate about building a data-driven culture of the company and having a huge impact on a growing team.
What you'll do:
- Work with sales teams to define metrics and develop insights for improving sales performance and effectiveness
- Deepen our understanding of shops and customers to optimize market strategy and uncover new opportunities
- Partner with upstream data providers and downstream collaborators to ensure our Sales teams have access to accurate and actionable insights to support their workflows
- Instill a culture of operational and data excellence by partnering with Data Engineering to design and develop reliable and scalable data pipelines
- Use data to inform and influence the direction of team roadmaps and inform business decisions
What we're looking for:
- BS/MS in statistics, mathematics or related quantitative fields
- 3+ years of professional industry experience doing quantitative analysis, preferably supporting Sales functions
- Proficiency in SQL and experience in data ETL in large database systems
- Experience in running advanced analyses in languages such as Python, R, etc.
- A proven track record of using analysis to impact key business decisions
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
- Ability to manage small projects and to operate as the point of contact for the business partner.
- Experience in software engineering, data engineering, consulting, or academic research a plus
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 and has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder and CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends and family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their craft to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, and investors — all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza while helping local shops succeed.
Our Pizza Philosophy
Slice is on a journey to be the most valuable pizza brand on the planet. We connect makers and eaters to enrich their lives through the power of specialization and pizza expertise. Backed by generations of knowledge and cutting-edge technology, we give makers the platform and voice to take charge of their industry, expand their coverage, and fill the world with authentic cuisine. When passionate makers turn their craft into their livelihood, we all live happier, fuller lives. People stop accepting the homogenous, mass-produced pies of big chains and robotic trucks because the quality, variety, and authenticity of Slice is both hyper-convenient and known worldwide. We believe pizza isn’t just food. It’s a slice of community, a slice of culture, a slice of life.
We’re growing our family every day — so, if you’ve got a passion for local, authentic pizza and the drive to help share it with the world, we’d love to have you on the team! Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.