Data Scientist at MassMutual (Greater NYC Area, NY)
- Independently execute project-related tasks
- Provide ongoing project service, maintenance and process execution
- Assist in developing algorithms and predictive models and creating prototype systems, visualizations, and web applications
- Assist in the design and analysis of experiments
- Assemble data sets from disparate sources and analyze using appropriate quantitative methodologies, computational frameworks and systems
- Disseminate findings to non-technical audiences through a variety of media, including interactive visualizations, reports and presentations
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative discipline
- 3+ years working with data and relevant computational frameworks and systems
- 3+ years developing of probabilistic models and machine learning algorithms
- Proficient understanding of machine learning and probability and statistics (esp. Bayesian methods)
- Proficient in data analysis using R or Python (numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, pandas, etc.) or any programming language
- Knowledge of NoSQL systems, Hadoop/map-reduce, Spark, Hbase, etc.
- Experience in database design and SQL
- Exceptional problem solving skills and willingness to learn new concepts, methods, and technologies
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- M.S. in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, etc.)
At MassMutual, we focus on ensuring fair, equitable pay by providing competitive salaries, along with incentive and bonus opportunities for employees. Your total compensation package includes either a bonus target or in a sales-focused role a Variable Incentive Compensation component.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.