As a Data Scientist, you will work on the richest data sets in the 3D printing industry, work closely with DWH engineer and Data-warehousing/Big-data infrastructure that is consists of AWS Redshift, Matillion, Tableau and AWS DynamoDB, and the business stakeholders to utilize the data from our platforms to design and build systems to generate insights, automate processes, and allow business units to make data-driven decisions. The Data Scientist will develop cutting-edge optimization technology/strategies and turn ideas into real products, features and business value on a regular basis. The Data Scientist will also be heavily involved in business decisions that are driven by the data provided. The perfect candidate should have a background in mathematical or a related technical field, as well as experience working with large data sets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with stakeholders to identify critical questions that need to be answered in order for the Analytics function to provide effective KPI’s -- actionable insights, rather than just reports
- Conduct analysis and data modeling to draw insights that drive critical decision making and to uncover subscriber patterns, user consumption, and behavior, from our operational systems as CRM/ERP/User Printer Usage and Online community.
- Analyze data to identify outliers, missing, incomplete, and/or invalid data
- Assist in the development of analytic tools, KPIs, dashboards, and systems to help build out the analytics platform
- Work with data warehousing team to design optimal data architecture for BI tools
Education and/or Experience
- Previous experience as a data scientist
- MS degree or above with stellar academic background from a top school in statistics, operations research or a related quantitative field
- Experience of data-processing/ analytics/statistics using Python, SQL, Tableau / Google Analytics
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills
- Extensive experience working with large data set
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Inquisitive and proactive with an aptitude for problem-solving
- Comfort with identifying, defining and solving problems in a constantly changing and challenging start-up environment
- People: We have some some the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released a new product on January 4, 2016 - the Smart Extruder+. Read about it here: http://3dprint.com/113536/makerbot-smart-extruderplus/
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments are a must at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is leading the Next Industrial Revolution by setting the standards in reliable and affordable desktop 3D printing. Founded in 2009, MakerBot sells desktop 3D printers to innovative and industry-leading customers worldwide, including engineers, architects, designers, educators and consumers. MakerBot has one of the largest installed bases and market shares in the desktop 3D printing industry, with more than 90,000 MakerBot Replicator 3D Printers in the world. The robust MakerBot 3D Ecosystem makes 3D printing easy and accessible for everyone. To learn more about MakerBot, visitmakerbot.com.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.