Transfix is changing the way companies view their supply chain. We are an award winning, recognized market and technology leader in the full truckload (FTL) market, which is a $420 billion market each year in the U.S. alone. We eliminate waste and solve inefficiencies through a deep understanding of the dynamics that exist today for the world's leading shippers and the millions of carriers and drivers that move their goods. We identify blind spots where data can fundamentally transform the way shippers and carriers work together, and we reduce the amount of “empty miles” driven by truckers with algorithms that match freight with trucks based on location in realtime. Our solution yields significant savings for shippers and increased pay for truck drivers. Ultimately, our mission is simple: to improve the lives of both shippers and carriers by creating a more efficient, transparent platform by which a product can be moved from anywhere to everywhere at anytime.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. The culture we're building is one where we challenge the norms of the industry. The team we have is built on the foundation of personal growth, collaboration and experimentation.
Launched in August 2013, we have raised $78.5M in capital and are backed by top VC firms in NYC and San Francisco including, New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Corigin Ventures, Founder Collective and Bowery Capital. We are headquartered in New York City.
As a Transfix Data Scientist, you will implement machine learning models into critical business processes, forecast industry trends, and build data pipelines. The Data Science team works closely with engineers, pricing analysts, and the business intelligence team to complement qualitative knowledge of the freight industry with rigor and quantitative insights. We’re currently living in AWS infrastructure including SageMaker and Redshift. At Transfix, you will be expected to autonomously run your own projects, drive business impact, and be a domain expert for teams across the company.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement pricing strategies into our automated bidding processes
- Build forecasting models for freight market pricing changes using industry indicators
- Collaborate with our Sales, Operations, and Tech teams to provide analytic and machine learning support
- Execute long-term modeling initiatives
- Drive adoption of improved, innovative technologies and tools
- Act as a mentor for the data science team
- Help drive strategic data-driven analyses, insights, and report on KPIs
- Partner with data engineering for system design and infrastructure
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM or quantitative field
- You love data and have at least 2+ years experience with conducting in-depth data analyses, building machine learning models, and presenting results to business stakeholders
- You have a solid grasp on both theory and application, and you know how to balance methodological purity with practical implementation
- You are fluent with programming languages (Python, R)
- You are comfortable working in high-paced, impact-driven environments
- Price optimization and financial forecasting knowledge is a plus
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.