At White Ops, we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cyber crime, and keep it human.
The Data Science team at White Ops is building the algorithms that run behind the scenes and power our bot detection engine. We deploy state-of-the-art statistical and machine learning models at a massive scale that distinguish human activity from automated bots.
What you'll do:
- Develop algorithms (i.e. rule based, statistical, machine learning) that automatically detect emerging threats
- Evaluate and implement data analysis strategies to improve detection efficacy at internet-scale
- Ad hoc investigations to respond to emerging threats with velocity and quality
- Collaborate with product, engineering, customer success, to define and develop new product features that will delight our customers
- Research for case studies and white papers on bot detection
- Contribute to toolkits and platforms that scale detection analytics
Who you are:
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper
- You look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation, all by yourself
- You are open, transparent and work in tight collaboration with anyone
- You constantly drive for correctness and performance, in that order
- You are a data scientist, analyst, engineer and have solved difficult problems to prove it
- You have proficiency with SQL, Python
- You have familiarity with tools, libraries and platforms such as Jupyter notebooks, Pandas, NumPy etc
- Track record of independent, creative problem solving with large amounts of complex data
- Knowledge of how the Internet works
- Comfort with ad tech terminology
- Background in data science for security is a plus
- Knowledge of how web browsers work is a plus
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Stock options, 401(k), and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Professional development fund
- Great coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.