We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Business Analytics team to develop, produce, and interpret venue and broker analytics to create content for internal and external stakeholders (clients, investors, management, executives). Experience working with large datasets is required to build tools and reports to serve business needs. Excellent communication skills are needed, as you’ll be partnering closely with our Quant, Data Engineering, Core Dev, Listings, and Sales teams. If you’re excited to join a high growth fintech firm changing Wall Street for the better, please apply!
- Expert critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-starter – you can prioritize tasks and deliver on-time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you can break down highly technical concepts into layman’s terms
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Business Analytics, Quantitative Research, Listings and Sales team to analyze market activity on IEX
- Contribute to creating content to help inform decisions and effectively communicate IEX’s value proposition
- Provide insights and input into the business development of the product suite including order types, order book and routing functionality
- Collaborate with various teams (Quant, Data Engineering, Core Dev, Listings) across the organization to build tools and reports to serve business needs
- Strong programming knowledge and experience working with large data sets (~hundreds of millions of records) (e.g., Python/numpy/pandas, MATLAB, R/ggplot2); kdb experience a nice-to-have but not required
- Bachelor’s degree (or more) in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Trading exposure a plus (i.e., we are open to traders looking to migrate to the dev side)
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.