What We’re Looking For:
Under the guidance of the Director of Data Science, the Data Scientist will lead advanced analytical research and development. This is a highly quantitative role that requires analytical aptitude, strong programming skills, intellectual curiosity and the ability to communicate results effectively.
Summary / Objective:
- Machine learning and model building for projects involving various teams across the company, including sales, marketing, human resources, finance, and operations
- Predictive modeling and segmentation to support prospect scoring and consumer targeting
- Data exploration to identify drivers & trends within our business
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed
Things That Must Be in Your Background:
- Degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics, or other quantitative field required; Graduate degree preferred
- 2-4 years of experience working with advanced analytic techniques in classification, regression, optimization and text analytics
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms (Random Forest, SVM, etc.) in production settings
- Proficiency in either R or Python
- Familiarity with data extraction across different database architectures
- The ability and desire to identify and deploy novel solutions to business problems
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role and at 2U:
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional and productive team atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.