Hinge is hiring a Data Scientist to join the team. As the newest member of the data science team and reporting into our Director of Data Science, you will glean insight from massive amounts of data to empower product and business decision-making.
What You’ll Do
- Translate product and company goals to data science problems and vice versa.
- Create essential performance metrics.
- Develop methodologies in sampling, A/B testing, and survey design.
- Apply statistical inference to draw conclusions from data.
- Use a combination of exploratory analysis and data mining techniques to identify and interpret trends and anomalies.
- Communicate results and make applicable recommendations to team members in Product, Marketing, and Community.
- 2+ years of experience as a data scientist or quantitative researcher
- You are proficient in SQL
- Proficiency in Python or R
- You have a strong theoretical and practical knowledge of statistics
- Solid understanding of machine learning principles and models
- Experience with product analytics and A/B testing
- Intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- Exceptional communication skills
- You can balance thoughtfulness with practicality
- Familiarity with Looker
- Working knowledge of Linux (command line)
Objectives in the first three months
- Learn to work with the main data sources and tools at Hinge.
- Familiarize with the Data Science team’s ongoing projects and propose some ideas for iteration.
- Complete one major data science project for Product, Marketing, or Community.
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.