Data Scientist at Blink Health
Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allows us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery for prescriptions, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
The Data and Analytics team is a small team building the Big Data infrastructure at Blink; responsible for architecting and building infrastructure, frameworks and tooling to enable data driven decisions in addition to developing reports, dashboards, and metrics to provide accurate and timely information. The team also supports various product and business groups with recommendation and in-depth analyses. Our data platforms are built using tools available on AWS including Redshift, Data Pipeline, Spark, Looker.
As a data scientist, you will be a thought leader within the analytics team designing and building our metrics framework, and evolving it as we grow. You will work closely with engineers and business stakeholders across the company, developing and maintaining key performance and insight reports that help product teams and leadership make decisions on products and services. You will set a high bar for owning performance metrics ideation, creation, and enhancements.
How to achieve success/acumen:
All Blinkers are expected to operate with our value of “Good Giving” in mind. Our culture is infused with the dedication and enthusiasm of employees who continuously strive to make a difference. Here’s how you will do that in this role.
Good Execution - Do your best work
Do your best work by investigating, designing, and building high quality analytics metrics and frameworks. Maintain and optimize analytics as needs evolve, and work with multiple internal customers to define models, then train and support your customers to self-service on analytics tools.
Good Owner - Be the CEO of your role
Be the CEO of your role through helping teams ship new products and features successfully with the right information to understand how to serve our customers; taking responsibility for the long term success of products, projects, and people.
Good Learning - Learn something new every day
Learn something new every day through leading by example to put new ideas into action, being willing to fail fast and learn. Demonstrate interest in learning new techniques and developing best practices.
Good Feedback - Consider the perspective of others
Consider the perspective of others by listening actively and responding effectively through a variety of channels. Give and receive candid and constructive feedback. Promote trust and encourage teamwork allow the teams to do their best work with you.
- 5+ years experience having worked in an analytics role. Experience in scripting with SQL, extracting large sets of data, and designing KPIs.
- 3+ years experience working with analytics platforms such as Looker, QuickSight, Tableau to create new analytics capabilities.
- Demonstrated versatility in working with different types of data and data models: financial, digital marketing, transactional e-commerce, event-level product data, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in SQL with a track record of designing and building product analytics.
- Demonstrated expertise at communicating effectively with other engineers, designers, product managers, and leaders, with collaborative examples on creating top-tier analytics solutions.
- BA/BS or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as; Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Healthcare-relevant company experience as part of the required experience above, with demonstrated industry knowledge of handling sensitive information.
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
Blink Pharmacy App for Android
Blink Pharmacy App for iOS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.