Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allows us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery for prescriptions, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
- You are a data scientist who, above all, is excited to build products that give our customers the best possible experience purchasing prescription medications. You have professional experience working on a team turning ideas into reliable, maintainable code.
- The Data Team is a small team building the Big Data infrastructure at Blink.
- The team is responsible for architecting and building infrastructure, frameworks and tooling to enable data driven decisions; developing reports, dashboards, and metrics to provide accurate and timely information; and supporting various product and business groups with recommendation and in-depth analyses.
- Our data platforms are built using tools available on AWS including Redshift, Data Pipeline, Spark, Looker.
- You will collaborate closely with engineers, analysts, and business stakeholders across the organization to provide accurate, timely data and efficient, impactful insights.
- You will also be working with external vendors and services. You will work with our senior analyst taking ownership of our self-service analytics tool, Looker.
- You will be the liaison between marketing, engineering, all business teams and the data team. By developing and maintaining Blink’s source of truth business logic data layer, you will have a direct, visible, and profound effect upon a data-driven organization that is revolutionizing the way people pay for prescription medicine.
How to achieve success/acumen:
All Blinkers are expected to operate with our value of “Good Giving” in mind. Our culture is infused with the dedication and enthusiasm of employees who continuously strive to make a difference. Here’s how you will do that in this role.
Good Execution - Do your best work
- Develop and maintain data products and analytics infrastructure
- Optimize queries for performance
- Work with internal customers to develop optimized models and views for their needs
- Guide business analysts on high-quality efficient SQL
- Develop business analysis solution in our self-service analytics tool
- Guide the rest of the organization on best practices
- Work on in-depth analyses and discover data value
Good Owner - Be the CEO of your role
- Help the team ship new products and features successfully with the right skills, mentorship and organizational resources to deliver amazing experiences for our patients
- Coach, mentor and develop engineers to reach individual goals while fostering cross-functional collaboration and product success
- Take responsibility for the long term success of product projects and people
Good Learning - Learn something new every day
- Demonstrate curiosity and an interest in learning new techniques and improving upon best practices to stay up-to-date with current and emerging trends
- Lead by example putting new ideas into action, failing fast and learning from each experience
Good Feedback - Consider the perspective of others
- Listen actively and respond effectively through a variety of channels
- Give and receive candid and constructive feedback
- Promote trust and encourage teamwork allow the product team to do their best work
- 2+ years experience having worked in a Data Science role.
- You have experience working with an analytical platform.
- You are an expert in SQL.
- You are very interested in learning about MPP databases. If you worked with one, that is a big plus.
- You are very interested in becoming a great data modeler. If you already are, that is great.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Can communicate effectively with other engineers, designers, product managers, and anyone else at Blink
- Collaborative and Communicative - you love being part of a diverse team, building consensus, and establishing credibility. You are a Class-A communicator: curious, thoughtful, clear, and (mostly) correct.
- BA/BS degree from top institution; MBA or CompSci degree preferred but not required.
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
Blink Pharmacy App for Android
Blink Pharmacy App for iOS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.