Data Scientist at Analytical Flavor Systems
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:28 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, June 18, 2020
Analytical Flavor Systems is the Series A predictive analytics company behind Gastrograph AI, a machine learning and artificial intelligence platform for modeling human sensory perception and predicting consumer preference of food and beverage products. We help food and beverage companies develop new products, enter new markets, and optimize their existing brands.
Build analyses and features such as data-filtering, reviewer experience estimation, flaw classification, and quality prediction directly into our applications. You will use data science to build knowledge gain and actionable insight; the tools you build will help food & beverage producers make better, more consistent products.
Implement a variety of techniques from simple outlier detection to customized, high-dimensional distance metrics, infinite dimensional linear transformations, and topological homology.
- Background in math, physics, computer science, computational biology, bio-informatics, or a similar field
- Knowledge of basic statistics
- Knowledge of general data science techniques
- Programming experience
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Worked on a data science team or research group
- Open-sourced data science projects or published research
- High-scoring Kaggle competition entries
- In-depth knowledge of R Programming Language
- Work with other programming languages (particularly C and C++)
- Basic knowledge of databases
- Use of optimization techniques for numerical methods
In addition to competitive salaries, Analytical Flavor Systems provides employees with an outstanding benefits package:
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 100% coverage of Short-term Disability Insurance
- Unlimited Vacation and Sick time
- Employees choose between a company-sponsored transit reimbursement or gym contribution to ClassPass, NYHRC, or TSI
Analytical Flavor Systems provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Read Full Job Description