Data Scientist at Attune
Running a small business is hard. Getting insurance for your small business is even harder. It takes forever, the process is antiquated, and one wrong decision can be disastrous.
At Attune, we’re changing small business insurance in a big way.
At the forefront of the insuretech industry, we are rebuilding small business’s access to insurance from scratch, making it instant, easy, and safe. How? Instead of requiring that a business answers hundreds of questions (seriously), our sophisticated platform aggregates the necessary data from different sources, and then uses incredibly advanced analytics to create tailored products that can be delivered in mere minutes, not days or weeks.
We are at the beginning of our journey and are looking for innovators who are curious and excited to drive change.
Backed by Two Sigma, AIG, and Hamilton Insurance Group, we have the horsepower and partners to make a big impact. Unlike other start-ups, Attune has the funding, expertise, and support to modernize and move quickly. If you are energized by making the complex, simple; the time consuming, easy; and the antiquated, tech-enabled, we want you on our team.
Disrupting an industry through data, technology and speed isn't easy – but the challenges we’ll tackle together are some of the most rewarding you’ll experience in your career.Job Description
You will join a growing analytics team that drives Attune’s business model forward by solving some of the most complex analytical problems in the industry. You will partner with the product, revenue, customer service, and underwriting functions within Attune to frequently test new hypotheses, implement learnings and create edge.
- Working on initiatives like: understanding user engagement patterns, improving insurance risk predictions, finding the best potential customers to contact, reducing load on our customer service team, and identifying abnormal broker behavior
- Creating new predictive models
- Exploring new datasets to see how they can add value to the business
- Helping to incorporate analyses and models into daily workflows for other departments
- Contributing to our ETLs, internal web applications, and BI dashboards
- Doing quick ad-hoc analyses and supporting engineers to troubleshoot issues
- 2-5 years of experience working in an analytics or data focused role
- Experience with predictive modeling in general
- We are flexible about what tools you've worked with, but comfort in either Python or R is a must, as is basic SQL.
- We don't require experience with deep learning or with tools for working with massive data sets.
Traits for success:
- You enjoy working with programmers and other data scientists to constantly improve the integrity and automation of your work. You are frequently sharpening your software skills.
- You are well organized and can handle many unrelated requests without losing track of them.
- You are quick with numbers and back-of-the-envelope calculations.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a hands-on problem solver who is comfortable with ambiguity and loves a fast-paced environment.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are capable of building relationships to drive success.
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to change the small business landscape.
- A great working environment that lives continuous improvement and encourages sharing ideas and taking risks to find better ways of doing things.
- A culture that promotes great relationships both inside the office and outside through activities in our community and company sponsored intramural clubs and events.
- Equity compensation.
- Medical, dental, and vision from day one and 401(k) matching.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
Attune Insurance Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.