Feather is redefining furniture rental for city living and helping people feel at home no matter where they live or how long they plan on staying. By giving people smarter options, Feather is able to keep more furniture in homes and out of landfills.
Feather is hiring a data scientist to work closely with our leadership team and investors to help drive the strategic direction of the company. You’re a great fit for this role if you’re happy to get to work on a wide array of tasks and projects, but also understand strategy and have the desire to be a part of building the team as we scale the data function.
What you’ll do:
- Use analytical thinking, mathematics, and data manipulation to build models that can be used across various functions within Feather’s operations, engineering, and finance teams to make better and faster decisions
- Build scalable practices to create a solid foundation for Feather’s backend data structure
- Clearly define analytical business problems and create innovative solutions for them by facilitating the application of cutting edge techniques
- Create a foundation for a data team and build the team over time by developing KPIs for the function and job descriptions for additional data hires
- Transform large sets of raw data into easily consumable reports and models to be read by technical and non-technical users
- Create dashboards and reports to empower teams (within Looker or excel).
What you need to be successful:
- 1+ years experience in a data-focused role
- Strong written and verbal communication to easily articulate findings to teams with varying degrees of experience with data analysis
- Ability to work as an individual contributor to tackle basic data needs, and context switch to use higher level thinking in team meetings and strategy planning
- Experience applying Machine Learning techniques and using platforms such as TensorFlow, Python, Pandas, etc.
- Experience with Looker and the LOOKML
- Experience and background in Finance is a big plus- specially in the creation of proection models
- Some experience with AWS - Redshift services
- Some Data Engineering experience or knowledge of ETL process preferred.
Who you are:
- Based in NYC (or willing to move)
- Excited about joining a startup and growing along with Feather
- Passionate about Feather's mission
- Eligible to work in the United States
What you’ll get when joining Feather:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Access to 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Catered lunch three times a week and unlimited office snacks
- Monthly in-office massages and after-work happy hours
- A monthly wellness stipend
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest MacBook Pro and a high-resolution external monitor
- A sit-stand desk and ergonomic desk chair