As a Data Scientist, you’ll utilize advanced quantitative & statistical analysis techniques to drive business model innovation for Via, and work closely with our senior management to help drive decisions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Adeptly interpret and utilize mass quantities of data to generate innovative hypotheses & insights, and present these insights to the different stakeholders
- Use sophisticated statistical methods to solve problems, leveraging up-to-date academic research and tools
- Quantitatively test hypotheses about customer and driver behavior using large sets of proprietary data; leverage results to increase conversion and retention at every touch point
- Design and implement novel experiments to better understand current operation as well as expansion to new markets
- Obsessed with data; analytical and rigorous, with a thorough understanding of statistics and machine learning
- Extraordinary communicator with demonstrated writing and editing skills.
- Passionate about elegant visualization; you understand the importance of graphic techniques in communicating a quantitative idea effectively
- Deep understanding of business concepts within strategy, operations, and marketing
- PhD in statistics, machine learning, physics, math, systems biology, or highly quantitative fields in social sciences, including 2+ years of graduate-level research experience (or the equivalent).
- Have experience with predictive modeling and statistical analysis techniques in a business environment
- Mastery in some or all of the following: SQL, Python, R, and Tableau
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.