As a Data Scientist, you’ll utilize advanced quantitative & statistical analysis techniques to drive business model innovation for Via, and work closely with our senior management to help drive decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Adeptly interpret and utilize mass quantities of data to generate innovative hypotheses & insights, and present these insights to the different stakeholders
- Use sophisticated statistical methods to solve problems, leveraging up-to-date academic research and tools
- Quantitatively test hypotheses about customer and driver behavior using large sets of proprietary data; leverage results to increase conversion and retention at every touch point
- Design and implement novel experiments to better understand current operation as well as expansion to new markets
Who You Are
- Obsessed with data; analytical and rigorous, with a thorough understanding of statistics and machine learning
- Extraordinary communicator with demonstrated writing and editing skills.
- Passionate about elegant visualization; you understand the importance of graphic techniques in communicating a quantitative idea effectively
- Have a deep understanding of business concepts within strategy, operations, and marketing
- Have a PhD in statistics, machine learning, physics, math, systems biology, or highly quantitative fields in social sciences, including 2+ years of graduate-level research experience (or the equivalent).
- Have experience with predictive modeling and statistical analysis techniques in a business environment
- Demonstrate mastery in some or all of the following: SQL, Python, R, and Tableau
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, compliments existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.