Please note: All roles at Rhino are remote, and there will be no future in-office mandate.
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As a member of the Data Science Team at Rhino, you will be partnering with Data Engineers and business teams to solve business problems by doing scalable research on the world of renting and by building models and data tools to turn insights into business decisions. You will collaborate with and learn from fellow Data Scientists through project brainstorming sessions, knowledge shares and code review.In this role you will:
- Partner with Finance, Revenue, Ops, Marketing & Product teams to define business problems, scope Data Science solutions and represent Data’s voice in the room.
- Build predictive models to optimize Pricing, Marketing, Operations and Sales.
- Build analyses and tools to understand our partners and renters and their pain points.
- Explore and test new data sources to improve our Risk models and marketing targeting.
- Actively contribute to Rhino’s Data culture by building out core data models, tooling and best practices as well as training other Rhinos on using our data effectively.
- You have an advanced degree in a quantitative field or 2+ years of work experience in an analytical role.
- You use data science tools like SQL and Python (pandas, numpy) and you have a track record of picking up new tools along the way.
- You are able to zoom in and out of problems and navigate comfortably between high level strategic thinking and communication and granular methods of problem solving.
- You have experience in one or more of the following areas: experimental design, web tracking and attribution, predictive modeling (supervised learning), customer segmentation models, frequentist and Bayesian statistics, building custom web apps.
- You are excited to join a rapidly growing company and to work cross functionally to drive business impact.
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spendi
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.