Data Scientist at LeafLink
New York, New York, United StatesAbout LeafLink
LeafLink is a SaaS marketplace that provides licensed cannabis dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage their operations and scale.
With thousands of dispensaries and thousands of leading brands in 26 states and territories, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis brands and retailers work together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1.5 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2021’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!The Role
LeafLink is seeking a proven leader and expert in applied data science to join our New York team. The ideal candidate will possess experience and acumen of understanding business opportunities and challenges in a marketplace ecosystem and applying data science tools to solve them. You enjoy working in greenfield settings, assessing areas ripe for maximum impact and scoping projects to deliver the value. You have built and deployed into production machine learning models. You are comfortable partnering with DevOps and Data Engineers to create ML pipelines. You are well versed in statistical inference methods and analyzing results from A/B and muti-variate tests. You are passionate about keeping up with the trends in the data science space and introducing industry leading concepts to your peers, manager and team. You deeply value frequent and detailed communication to foster alignment and cross-functional collaboration to ensure data science solutions are grounded in full context of the business and align with stakeholder expectations. Above all, you firmly believe that data science applications should drive business value.Responsibilities:
- Execute on analytics and data science project plans and workflows by conducting deep dives into problem set, recommending solution paths and implementing them
- Conducting analysis and uncovering insights to drive business decisions
- Build and deploy rapid prototypes as concept demonstrators to business stakeholders and product managers
- Partner with product managers on enabling data-driven features on platform through application of advanced analytics and ML
- Develop and deploy ML pipelines using existing infrastructure and tool kits.
- Contribute to a test and learn culture at LeafLink by developing processes for conducting feature experiments and inferring impact on key performance metrics
- Communicate results and business value of experimentation and ML work to a non-technical audience
- Top notch knowledge in SQL & Python
- Deep understanding in feature engineering on structured and unstructured data
- Proven experience in building ML Pipelines using popular Python based frameworks such as sklearn, keras, spark mlib, pytorch
- Has implemented statistical analysis and inference is a must have
- Data visualization tools and packages like seaborn, matplotlib or other BI software is a must have. Specific expertise visualizing model results in Tableau is a strong plus.
- Has driven the building and deploying of classification model(s) into production environment is a must have
- Previous projects in conducting business analysis and presenting results in structured narratives using presentation tools
- Experience using Airflow to build workflows incorporating feature extraction, running model predictions and persisting output of model to data stores
- Comfortable using Git to share and manage code
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced growth business with many collaborators
- Has the ability working across the stack when need arises
Not compulsory but strong pluses:
- Experience with non-linear optimization, critical path simulation and network analysis is a strong plus
- Working in a SaaS or product based technology environment working alongside Developers, DevOps, Data Engineers and Analytics Engineers
- Deploying models in high velocity streaming data environments using Spark or other frameworks
- Working with at least one ML Ops management platforms such as ML Flow, Databricks, AWS SAgemaker, h2o.ai
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Company sponsored Annual Citibike Membership for NYC employees
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.