WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Braze is seeking a Data Scientist to join our Growth team to automate and optimize our customers’ growth and retention programs through ML-assisted decision-making, and prediction.
At Braze, we don’t just use machine learning to build models, we’ve built a on-demand ML model delivery platform to help our customers take advantage of the billions of users and hundreds of billions of data points that flow through our systems.
You will help discover the scope of what is possible with machine learning and AI in our systems, test and validate new predictive and statistical features, and tailor complex AI workflows for easy use by non-technical users. You will help build processes for maintenance and monitoring of these tools as well as for management and sharing of model code and testing.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product and Data Consultants to build innovative ways to leverage data and automate decision-making for our customers.
- Explore and analyze the billions of daily data points that Braze’s customers generate in search of predictive, valuable, actionable signals.
- Build, analyze, and iterate on models that are best suited for the job, whether that’s supervised or unsupervised learning, neural networks, or simple regressions
- Build processes to help catalog, maintain, and share the above with fellow data scientists and engineers
WHO YOU ARE
- Masters in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or similar computational field or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience prototyping, refining and deploying predictive models and machine learning & AI, neural networks in a production setting
- Experience with frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or similar
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficiency with relational databases
- 2+ years working with cloud or distributed systems
- Publication record in machine learning, artificial intelligence, or similar algorithmic fields
- Familiarity with document-based databases
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.