Data Strategy Manager at Neustar
Neustar is an information services and technology company and a leader in identity resolution providing the data and technology that enables trusted connections between companies and people at the moments that matter most. More information is available at https://www.home.neustar.
Job Requisition:R-3063 Data Strategy Manager (Open)
Primary Location:NEW YORK
Data Strategy Manager– New York, NY
- Who are we?
- As a company built on the foundation of Privacy by Design, for more than 20 years Neustar’s unique capabilities have made us the leader in the field of responsible identity resolution. Neustar enables trusted connections between companies and people at the moments that matter most, with world-class and industry leading solutions in Marketing, Risk, Communications, Security and Registry services.
- What is a Data Strategy Manager?
- The Data Strategy Manager at Neustar work with several cross functional teams, including Data, Modeling, Advisory Services, Engineering, Product Development, and Offshore Tech Support on deployment of marketing mix models to a web-based software application. Serve as SME on marketing execution, buying and planning.
- What you will be doing:
- Serve as the SME and technical liaison between clients and Neustar Services, providing support through multi-phased delivery projects.
- Lead C-Suite conversations about the relevance and importance of data governance to support data accuracy and data automation.
- Lead conversations with client data owners and media agency partners to understand strategy through data and identify data attributes critical to our modelling products.
- Gather business and technical requirements in order to create and present a comprehensive solution and implementation plan for client delivery. Design and complete implementation of technical data integrations, identifying cadence, delivery methods, quality control, etc.
- Acquire and assess client data from a multitude of sources for usefulness in analytics. Common tasks involve data mapping, identification and application of business rules to data sets, data validation, and data analysis using statistics and machine learning techniques.
- Guide clients and internal development teams with technical requirements.
- Present data insights to clients and internal teams.
- Establish internal relationships and cross-functional partnerships to deliver client value.
- Identify ongoing risks and pain points throughout project experiences and contribute to improving data acquisition practices, automated data pipelines, data validation methods, and overall cross-functional deployment processes. Deliver market feedback from customers to product and engineering to drive continuous improvement.
- What we would love to see:
- 2+ years of experience managing direct reports
- 8+ years of experience in marketing research, agency, consulting, ad-tech, software, and/or data integration & analytics solutions.
- Ability to navigate across functional organizations and adaptability to new/different situations.
- Resilient work ethic with the capability to adapt to the situation, flexibility and nimbleness in terms of work planning, and the ability to think quickly on your feet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate Neustar’s service portfolio of solutions.
- Excellent diagnostic skills to identify issues within data sets and identify solutions.
- Travel to client sites (average of 15%) but may be higher or lower based on the client engagement.
- Digital marketing experience with Ad Servers, DMPs, DSPs, Audience Creation/Targeting, Multi-Touch Attribution, or other relevant experience is a plus.
- Experience and understanding of the following technical areas are preferable:
- Data analysis skills using tools such as Excel, SQL, Tableau, Python, SAS, and R.
- Relational database concepts, ability to read/write SQL queries.
- ETL, data management, and data quality best practices.
- Amazon S3, Hadoop/Hive, or similar technologies.
- Web APIs and web developer tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, or experience in related analytical/technical field is required.
- Why work for us?
- At Neustar, we are committed to the growth and development of our employees whose individual skills, curiosity and passion for their work, contribute to the overall success of our business. Our core values (Accountability, Collaboration, Transparency, Resilience, and Respect) are the driving force of our culture across our locations around the globe. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package including perks such as tuition reimbursement, awesome company discounts, back-up day care, community service events, pet and baby swag and much more! We are all learning and creating together; and having some major fun along the way.
JOIN US! We can’t wait to meet you!
Neustar does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. Neustar will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Diversity, inclusion and teamwork are second nature to Neustar; and these values permeate our entire business structure. Neustar is committed to creating an environment where a wide spectrum of opinions and beliefs are actively sought, listened to and respected. Further, our talented workforce draws from the many geographic areas and markets in which Neustar operates worldwide, which represents a distinct competitive advantage. The rich and varied personal and professional backgrounds of our employees make Neustar a dynamic and rewarding company at which to build a career. We invite you to join us.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Neustar, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law and other state and local requirements. Neustar, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.