The Global Data Analytics team enables Discovery to turn data into action. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team supports company efforts to increase revenue, drive ratings, and enhance consumer engagement.
The Data Visualization Analyst is responsible for creating and delivering data visualization solutions across the global enterprise. This position will partner with business end-users as well as colleagues in the Global Data Analytics team to develop and implement collaborative solutions to data and analytics problems using Power BI. The ideal candidate should have advanced Power BI experience, including writing complex DAX calculations and data modelling.
- Investigate and understand data structures and how they can be used to produce the desired reporting
- Develop efficient scripted data preparation workflows utilizing M/Power Query
- Enable effective analytics through the creation of column, table, and measure DAX expressions
- Work with stakeholders to design and build effective data visualizations that support business decision-making and problem-solving
- Prepare documentation of technical requirements and data definitions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Analytics, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of demonstrated skills and experience
- 2+ years professional experience
- Advanced user of Microsoft Power BI
- Strong experience developing and shaping data with SQL
- Advanced understanding of data architecture
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]