Data Visualization Developer at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
The Global Data Analytics team enables a holistic 360 view of the consumer and content for the entire Discovery organization. The team leverages a central research model with shared data and analytics services that can be accessed by all consumer-facing business functions. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team creates a shared, cohesive language with standardized data, metrics, and reporting to enable a global research community.
As a Data Visualization Developer, you will partner with business end-users as well as colleagues in the Global Data Analytics team to develop and implement collaborative solutions to data and analytics problems using Alteryx and Power BI. The Data Visualization Developer will be responsible for delivering effective data structures that will enable data visualization solutions to support data-driven decision making.
1. Process and analyze large volumes of data using Alteryx that will produce data structures to support reporting needs
2. Develop and shape data using SQL, experience in database concepts and knowledge of dimensional modeling
3. Facilitate discussions with business users to surface and prioritize issues, requirements, and solutions
4. Prepare documentation of technical requirements and data definitions
5. Create data visualizations using Power BI
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Analytics, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of demonstrated skills and experience
* 4+ years professional experience
* 2+ years of Alteryx experience
* Ability to compose complex SQL queries
* Understanding of data architecture
* Microsoft Power BI experience is a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]