Data Visualization Engineer at MaestroQA (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
Our vision is to help companies become more customer-centric by providing them with a central source of insights on their customer experience.
We do this by elevating those who speak to customers all day - namely customer service teams and ensuring their voices and insights are driving key decisions in their companies.
We are 50 employees, growing 100%+ a year, and only scratching the surface of our potential. We have a ~25 person Product, Engineering, and Design team and we’re looking for our first Data Visualization expert who can help us level up the quality of insights and experiences we can provide to our customers.
We’re looking to hire someone who will partner with our existing team to build an iconic and innovative product that customers use and say ‘this is how I get my pulse on my customers, how they feel about us, and how to take action’. We have the data and are building the capacity to answers these questions internally but are looking for someone to help build and improve the data analysis tools that are at the core of the product.
While we have a product in market and have strong user adoption and satisfaction, we are really early in our journey and this role will have the opportunity for large amounts of ownership. There will be the opportunity to set technical direction, and if desired (but not required) over time build out a team around our core insights visualizations.
The type of activities you can imagine yourself doing on a weekly basis would be:
- Exploring new types of visualizations to express our data insights to customers
- Implementing changes and new visualizations in our core product
- Speaking to internal stakeholders and customers
- Setting the technical roadmap for our visualization stack
- Working closely with our design and sometimes mocking your own vision
- Working closely with our data platform team to ensure we are getting the right data and building our systems in scalable, agile ways
- Working closely with other product teams to help them deliver high quality visualizations
What are historical indicators that correlate highly to fit here?
- Built complex data visualizations
- Strong front end engineering skills
- Strong Product Intuition and appreciation for a well crafted Design and UX
At Maestro, we truly value the diversity of thought, perspectives and life experiences of our team. We know that the best outcomes stem from bringing together voices with wide ranging identities, embracing a culture of belonging, and that sustaining a workplace where everyone can bring their full selves is a path, not a destination.