Data/Analytics Engineer at Alma (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
At Alma, we’re making it easier for people to access high quality, affordable mental health care by supporting providers in building thriving private practices. We believe that when therapists have better resources, they’re able to provide better care to their clients. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Our product experience is designed to empower people in their search for mental health care, offering multiple pathways and individualized support, if and when someone needs it. Alma has raised funding from incredible investors like Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, and First Round Capital, and was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Health in 2020.
Alma is seeking a mission-driven Data/Analytics Engineer to join our team. We are dedicated to building tools and services which help our providers more easily manage and grow their practice. In this role, you will be responsible for building the infrastructure and pipelines that collect, normalize, and store data from multiple systems and services. You will help transform this data into business models the rest of the company will leverage in day-to-day business decisions. The ideal candidate is able to recognize that successful software development requires communication, experimentation, and iteration.What you’ll do:
- Gain a deep understanding of what Alma members do, how they operate, and where their pain points are.
- Design, build and launch efficient and reliable data pipelines into production
- Design and implement warehousing solutions to scale with the needs of the business
- Develop new systems and tools to enable the team to consume and understand data more intuitively
- Partner with engineers, product managers, and analysts to deliver insights to the business
- You have experience with custom ETL design, implementation, and maintenance
- You are no stranger to data warehouse technologies
- You’ve got strong SQL skills on multiple platforms
- You have worked with programming languages such as Python, R, and/or Java
- You’re familiar with BI tools that support dashboarding, visualizations, and reporting such as Looker, Tableau, and Chartio
- You have a strong understanding of schema design and dimensional data modeling