Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about this decision from Zocdoc's founder and CEO, Oliver Kharraz.
Your Impact on our Mission:
As a SQL Server Database Administrator, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the availability and reliability of Zocdoc’s core SQL Server databases. You’ll play a leading role in implementing and maintaining best practices for database administration. Zocdoc moves quickly, so it’s vital that you ensure our databases are running at optimum speed and efficiency. We believe patients should have an easy and seamless experience throughout their healthcare journey, and we need you to make that happen.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about security, cloud technology, and compliance
- Collaborative, communicative, and enjoy working with other teams
- Organized and enjoy creating processes and procedures that drive efficiency,visibility and reliability
- A process person who uses logic to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Autonomous and comfortable making decisions in the best interest of the business and our customers
Your day to day is…
- Assuming ownership of Zocdoc’s production critical SQL Server database servers
- Providing SQL guidance to engineers and participate in peer reviewing pull requests related to SQL code
- Monitoring database performance and identifying potential bottlenecks
- Troubleshooting and resolving database performance related issues
- Supporting the high availability and disaster recovery options of our SQL Server instances - AlwaysOn Availability Groups, Database Replication
- Working within AWS EC2 and EBS to define the right performance profile for our servers
- Solving critical problems related to system reliability and scalability
- Developing automated scripts for maintenance tasks
- Being on-call for production database server issues
- Collaborating closely with the site reliability team in New York to ensure a smooth Zocdoc user experience
- Planning and executing quarterly patching and system failover
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 3+ years of SQL Server and production support experience
- Strong knowledge of Availability Groups and Replication to support high availability
- Experience optimizing indexes, tuning queries, and resolving blocking/deadlocks
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve SQL Server related CPU, memory, disk issues
- Expertise with SQL Server specific features
- Experience with managing ETL jobs
- Experience with task automation using windows powershell
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud experience is a bonus
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% covered health care option for employees
- Catered Lunch everyday along with snacks
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.