Hyperscience modernizes mission-critical processes and operations for the world's largest organizations and government agencies. Since 2014, Hyperscience’s automation technology has helped data-centric companies parse through vast amounts of unstructured inputs and raw information to get to swifter and smarter business outcomes. Through the Hyperscience Platform, enterprises are empowered to transform their operations, and drive operational efficiency as well as human productivity by fully unlocking the power of their data.
Ranked on the Inc. Fastest-Growing Company List, Hyperscience has raised $190M from investors including Tiger Global, BOND, Bessemer Venture Partners, Stripes, and FirstMark. The company has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
The company has a global footprint with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, Toronto, Canada, and London, UK.
The Database Reliability Engineer loves working with databases and data. You impact every team at Hyperscience through traditional DBA activities and also through building automation that makes it easier to create, maintain and operate our databases. You build tools and automation that provide safe self-service capabilities to your SRE team (so they can help you out) and to product engineering teams, integrating into their CI/CD workflows. You ensure quality and establish best practices in database architecture, design, provisioning, resiliency, performance analysis and tuning, monitoring, alerting, database security and governance. You also support our clients with troubleshooting in our Cloud environment and their on-premise and private cloud environments.
Ideally this position is in New York City, but working remotely along the US East Coast is an option.
- Own our database systems and meet critical quality, availability, performance and reliability goals.
- Design and build the tools, frameworks, systems and processes related to operation of our databases and integration with Site Reliability capabilities.
- Automate tasks across the full CI/CD lifecycle to create an efficient developer experience and reduce manual toil.
- Scale solutions from proofs-of-concept to full production systems.
- Ensure quality and best-practices in our engineering practices, both for our Cloud offering and our on-premise offering.
- Participate in database schema design and query optimization.
- Collaborate effectively with and mentor other engineers on the SRE team and in the larger engineering org.
- Promote and implement best practices in observability (monitoring, tracing, alerting, logging) and incident response.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to mitigate site disruption.
- Minimize risk of reliability-related failure outcomes, as pertaining to durability, availability, performance, and correctness.
- Troubleshoot critical client issues in our Cloud and in client environments.
- 6+ years in DRE and/or DBA roles, with a focus on tooling, automation and database systems operation.
- A desire to stay on the cutting edge of database, infrastructure and automation technologies.
- Strong DBA experience with two or more of Oracle, MSSQL, AWS RDS, Postgres.
- 2+ years of production experience with AWS.
- Strong experience with on-call rotations and incident management.
- Experience with databases at TB scale, high throughput and low latency.
- Experience collaborating with software engineers to define best practices related to the database, including schema design, query optimization, and CICD practices.
- Good software development skills in Python, Windows/Powershell or similar languages for scripting and automation.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Implementation of security best practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot database performance issues in a production environment in both Cloud and on-premise environments.
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.