DataOps Support Engineer – Postgresql DBA at OnDeck
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
We’re looking for a Postgres DBA, ideally with MongoDB skills, to support our growing data infrastructure.
As a DataOps Support Engineer at OnDeck, you will:
Manage mission-critical data pipelines to allow On Deck to deliver strategic information to its internal and partner systems. You will also be responsible for maintaining various data repositories, provide database and reporting support to end-users, engineer custom data integrations while adhering to ITSM Incident- and Problem-Management practices.
The DataOps Support role is expected to provide Level 1-3 support for data pipelines and databases, ensure SLAs are met and manage Incidents and Problems. These include Level 1 activities like monitoring, raising incidents, rapid remediation, access provisioning, incident ownership, communicating ETAs with stakeholders during incidents, scheduling and automation, detecting resource contention. Level 2 activities include: root-cause analysis (RCA), promoting Incidents into Problems, regular database maintenance, pipeline deployments, preparing Incident and Problem reports. Level 3 activities include: database and query optimization and tuning, capacity planning and reporting, custom scripting and automation, developing runbooks, compliance tasks, project-driven database engineering, mentoring Level 1-2 engineers.
Within the DataOps infrastructure there is a mix of various databases and systems. The primary responsibility for this role is to provide both Postgres database and MongoDB administration and support in Development, Staging and Production environments.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- You have 2-3 years database administration experience using Postgres in production environments.
- You should know backups, replication and general troubleshooting
- You are proficient on Linux/Unix. Ubuntu / Debian a plus
- Strong SQL and query optimization
- You have Unix scripting: Shell scripting, Python
- You have excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- You have 2+ years experience in Enterprise Support roles
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Exposure and familiarity with MongoDB although you are expected to learn and own MongoDB support within 6 months.
- Exposure to Ansible desired
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $8 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you:
OnDeck and ODX believe that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**