At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you want to join a dedicated team on a mission to transform how MSK is managing its data? As part of MSK Digital transformation program MSK is looking to enhance its data architecture and align its EDW solutions a newly evolving overall data strategy. We are seeking a well-rounded hardworking data base engineer who loves new challenges, and is ready to embrace building innovative but sophisticated health care solutions. Join us here at MSK, where we can provide you with the opportunity to do all those things!
- Play a key role in migrating the major clinical data warehouse to a new cloud based platform. IBM Cloud is preferred but not required
- Lead all aspects of the new EDW platform to meet stringent performance, availability and business resiliency SLAs.
- Design and implement an on-cloud database infrastructure to meet highly performing complex workload requirements.
- Develop new data management solutions to support end user needs and requirements.
- Closely collaborate with other technology and end user analytic teams to procure vital infrastructure resources and to support any end user development/projects.
- Enforce data management methodologies, data standards, data management policies, and rules
- Work closely with Unified Data Fabric team to ensure close alignment and interoperability between new EDW solution and UDF.
- Strong experience with DB2 BLU architecture and IBM DB2 on LUW including both on cloud and on prem implementation.
- Good interpersonal skills, including accountability, written and verbal communication skills, time management, and prioritization.
- Good experience in managing and maintaining complex enterprise EDW solutions with mixed workloads.
- Contributed to big data solutions with tools like Hadoop, Splunk, Spark, NoSQL
- Developed custom scripts to enable environment monitoring and automation
- Demonstrable experience in cloud infrastructure and cloud data management environments.
- Knowledge of DB2 on Z, IBM CP4D, IBM Cloud, IBM IIAS, Mongo, RedHat OpenShift are a bonus
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.