We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
You are a web analytics enthusiast eager to join our growing Data Analytics Team. Our team is responsible for front end data collection, data quality, reporting and overall, enabling actionable insights across the organization. We facilitate insights representing customer activity across our platforms (native apps and web). You're a curious, highly motivated, quantitative-minded thinker who enjoys learning, educating an organization about its customers & their behavior, and deriving actionable insights.
You'll work on key projects alongside our product managers, designers, marketing analysts, and our senior leadership team.
The Impact You Will Make
- Create and manage implementation of analytics tracking requirements to measure product, individual feature, and/or traffic channel performance.
- Work with developers to identify, document, and fix tracking bugs
- Maintain standardized methods for tag creation and tag audits, to ensure there is a baseline of data quality, consistency, and architectural integrity throughout historical data.
- Work closely with Development teams to translate requirements for technical leads, and to drive technical workflows for both implementation and testing.
- Collaborate with product managers, marketers, and analysts to integrate analytics into strategic-minded dashboards, program-based reports, and ad-hoc analyses.
- Work closely with Product, Finance, and Marketing teams to support new areas of concentration and feature enhancements for tracking and analysis.
- Identify and analyze trends and shifts in customer behavior, both independently and in collaboration with product managers, marketers, and data analytics resources across both browser and native mobile apps.
- Support the creation of reporting materials for the Board of Directors and senior leadership.
What You Bring to the Table
- 3+ years of relevant site analytics experience (eCommerce preferred).
- A good understanding and experience implementing website and/or mobile app analytics tag structures, event collection, and data analysis.
- Ability to identify business goals, and translate them into measurable KPIs
- Strong familiarity with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, MixPanel and/or another site analytics reporting tool from a tagging and data collection perspective.
- Ability to manipulate large data sets and present complex information in an easy to understand manner.
- A strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- A love for challenges and problem solving to be addressed via strategic thinking.
- A willingness to collaborate and cultivate relationships with third-party vendors
- A highly analytical mind with a demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- The ability to work with little supervision while managing multiple priorities; quickly adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- The drive and ability to be a quick learner who thrives under ambiguity.
- A great team player with a strong value system, unquestioned integrity and solid listening skills.
- Inspired by our mission to deliver food happiness.
Got These? Even Better:
- Well-versed in building analytics dashboards and reporting collateral for various constituents within the organization.
- Experience with mobile application QA
- Comfort with A/B Testing methodologies, crafting targeted custom variables, segmentation, and analyses to validate a hypothesis
- Familiarity with Tableau or other dashboarding tools, to provide insights and visualizations on complex data sets.
- Comfortable working with raw event log data to gain granular insights to user behavior dynamics.
- Proficiency in ad pixeling strategies and reporting on marketing campaign performance
- Fluent in Attribution Analysis to examine marketing campaign influence in site traffic volume and conversion rates.
- An Excel aficionado; proficient in the creation of PowerPoint presentations and public speaking.
- Database experience dealing with large data sets, and good comfort writing SQL is a plus.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]