Director - Advanced Analytics at Discovery Digital Media
Discovery is looking for a Director - Advanced Analytics to join our team in New York City.
1. Utilize a broad spectrum of analytic tools and databases to identify key metrics, trends and insights that effectively position Discovery ad products and services to clients.
2. Provide Ad Sales analytics and measurement support from ad targeting through to impact/ROI analyses via the linkage of exposure/viewing data to available 1st party and/or 3rd party conversion data.
3. Review and QA incoming data sources from partners and vendors to ensure they meet the requirements and are accurate.
4. Contribute to the development of new ad targeting products.
5. Assist with the identification and development of new and progressive methodologies and data driven ad solutions.
6. Synthesize large amounts of data into clear and actionable insights for Ad Sales and advertising clients.
7. Keep abreast of the rapidly-evolving technologies and analytical methods in TV, mobile, and digital spaces with a thorough understanding of the media and advertising ecosystem and its key players.
* BA/BS degree required; advanced degree a plus.
* 7+ years professional experience in media and/or advertising analytics. TV analytic experience preferred.
* Ability to take ownership of open-ended problems and drive them to completion
* Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial spirit.
* Strong presentation development, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong understanding of data and targeting capabilities within the advertising field, both on the buy and sell sides, including familiarity with 3rd party data providers
* Experience positioning data for ad sales teams and clients; ability to “tell a story” with data
* Self-starter with the capacity to deliver on multiple projects, contribute new ideas, meet tight deadlines, and be decisive under pressure querying (SQL) preferred
* Familiarity with traditional TV measurement (Nielsen) and media math
* Familiarity with set-top-box analytics platforms such as Rentrak and/or Kantar preferred
* Experience with consumer data and digital analytics platforms (e.g. Simmons, MRI, comScore, etc.) a plus
* Familiarity with existing and emerging cross-screen measurement methodologies
* Familiarity with advertising operations and how ads are delivered and measured across media platforms
* Solid understanding of the advertising landscape in terms of how data is leveraged and linked within and across platforms for both targeting and measurement purposes.
* Solid understanding of the major data platforms and players in the space
* Experience working with vendors to develop primary research initiatives (qualitative and/or quantitative custom research)
* Strategic thinker with ability to think “out of the box” for measurement solutions that go beyond existing business and technology limitations
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, influence and work collaboratively
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States