Director, Analytics Engineering at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
Cityblock is looking for an experienced Director of Analytics Engineering with deep experience in data processing, modeling, warehousing, and building data platforms. In this role you will manage a team of highly skilled Analytics Engineers including both managers and individual contributors. Your teams' mission is to create a robust, flexible, and modern data platform to drive better quality output from ETL for analytics, data science, and operational users.
Your role is critical in helping us support patients in communities hardest hit by COVID-19 through helping our care teams of community health partners, medical staff and social workers to problem-solve for our patients using opinionated information and driving action at a panel-level.
You must love engineering, engineering management, and working with others to get excited about the possibilities technology creates. You enjoy sharing your knowledge and approach with others and act as an ambassador for software engineering work.
Requirements for the Role:
- You are an excellent communicator specializing in highly technical, data topics working with a diverse set of audiences including stakeholders, product managers, peers, and direct reports.
- You have the experience and desire to mentor others to success in data engineering and analytics engineering, savvy in data modeling, SQL, and sufficient programming experience for the area.
- You have deep experience in data warehouse database internals, data operations, ETL, data warehousing, and distributed data processing frameworks.
- You have demonstrated the ability to manage a critical data warehouse in a highly governed environment, ideally healthcare.
- You have experience managing a team.
How We Define Success:
- Satisfied stakeholders (Analytics team, Actuarial team, Data Science team, Product Engineering team, and other) and Product Management partners
- Highly engaged and motivated team.
- High quality hiring manager work, including the ability to attract and build our team further
- Stellar communication and a desire to create transparency
- Set expectations and generally deliver upon those expectations.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), specifically BigQuery, and/or similar cloud environments, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Deep experience with complex healthcare data, including medical claims, patient records
- Experience with analytics and data science use cases for healthcare data
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.