Help us Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) empowers individuals through crypto by providing simple, elegant, and secure ways for people to buy, sell, and store cryptocurrency. We are a licensed cryptocurrency exchange and custodian with a focus on product, security, licensing and compliance.
Cryptocurrency and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Business Development
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit. In Business Development, we build relationships, are on the front lines of all critical customer service issues, and help manage the customer lifecycle through pivotal stages in their Gemini journey. Whether it’s identifying new key institutional clients or servicing a retail customer’s needs, our goal is the same: deliver for our customers no matter what.
The Role: Director, Business Development Insights & Analytics
Gemini is looking for a Director of Insights & Analytics for our Global Business Development capability, reporting to Gemini's Head of Business Development in New York. This role is responsible for developing business intelligence solutions that help Gemini business development efforts become more effective and targeted over time. Specifically, they will work cross-functionally with departments such as Data Engineering and Data Analysis to ensure the BD team is using as much data as possible to understand current and prospective customers and ensure a strong fit between the market and Gemini's products and offerings.
- Develop business intelligence solutions that help Gemini business development efforts become more effective and targeted over time.
- Create, own, and execute on a long-term Analytics strategy for Business Development
- Create systems for reporting to a variety of audiences across levels and departments, providing insights as to how Gemini’s growth initiatives are performing, and how they need to improve over time.
- In partnership with Gemini’s Data team, create solutions for data integration, data quality, data processing, and analytics (full ownership of lifecycle)
- Develop a data-driven culture across the Business Development team
- Build campaign dashboards to track activity metrics, flow, and territory/segment insights for a variety of BD initiatives
- Develop a system for evaluating, scoring, and ranking prospective customers, both inbound and outbound
- Elevate the department’s utilization of Salesforce through customizations, configurations, new workflows, and cultural change management
- Assess and identify the best design for data solutions across sales and marketing channels to better understand client behavioral trends and achieve an end-to-end view of the Gemini client journey
- Experience working within or alongside Data teams, including Data Engineering, Data Science, and Analytics
- The ability to partner with and direct the work of highly technical Data staff to understand the business’s need and create appropriate solutions
- Proven ability to balance short term deliverables while maintaining a long-term view of how analytics solutions need to evolve over time to serve the needs of a business
- Experience in a high growth company, and comfort with a degree of change and ambiguity characteristic to startups
- In depth experience with Salesforce as a user and administrator
- Advanced understanding of Excel/Sheets, BI tools such as Tableau or Looker, SQL