Bankrate.com is looking for an experienced and passionate leader to head up our Business Intelligence team, focusing on user and revenue growth through product change.
If interested in lieu of a cover letter please send over an example of a product change you recommended that resulted in growth!
At Bankrate, we combine the speed and creativity of a start-up, the strategic thinking of a management consultancy, and the technology development and analytics of a software company– all under one roof. Couple that with a culture built on speed, innovation and collaboration and you'll find that Bankrate is a place unlike any other.
- Push the product team to make product and user experience changes that result in growth, including Conversion Rate Optimization of our properties.
- Determine the source of truth for data across the organization, owning the tagging and product requirements for Web Analytics Systems, Data Warehousing systems, and databases.
- Work across the organization (Product, Sales, Finance, SEO, Marketing, Technology) to determine what metrics, reports, dashboards, and analysis are needed to drive the business, and then work with the appropriate teams to implement them.
- Responsibility for optimization and testing tools. Lead roadmap efforts across the organization for test and optimization.
- Create and deliver presentations, and lead meetings that touch all parts of the organization, including the most senior leaders.
An Ideal Candidate Will:
- Undergraduate or Master's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. engineering, business, economics, finance, statistics, and analytics).
- Know business as well as technology: while not an engineer, understanding how the web, analytics, and databases work will be crucial for success.
- Be an expert in at least one web analytics system, such as Google Analytics, Omniture, or Mixpanel. Google Tag Manager experience a plus.
- Experience with A/B, multivariate testing tools such as Optimizely.
- Extensive experience in SQL and relational database experience.
- Experience helping teams develop in visualization tools such as Looker, Power BI, Periscope or Tableau.
- Ability to translate business questions into problems solvable using analytics tools, and enjoy converting the results of your analyses into visual stories tailored to the needs of the audience.
- Working knowledge of digital attribution (data collection, tagging management, data integrity, advanced analytics & reporting)