Director of Business Intelligence
At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect and prevent even the most sophisticated bots and our customers include some of the web's largest and most forward- thinking companies.
Our team of Sales and Client Services professionals are friendly, curious, and driven. We support one another and regularly hold team learnings, client reviews and progress updates to fly faster. We strive to develop a highly collaborative team that works well with all the other teams to meet our clients’ needs.
What you'll do:
As our Director of Business Intelligence, you will be responsible for working cross functionally to identify trends in client campaign data, establish processes and templates for consistent client storytelling and contribute to the company’s strategic research initiatives. You'll play a critical role in retaining and growing the White Ops buy and sell sides of the business by surfacing compelling campaign and industry insights. Having strong inter-departmental collaboration abilities, customer focus, excellent communication skills, numerical analysis, and understanding of the digital media landscape is important. Also, being a self-starter and working comfortably within an ambiguous, fast-paced environment will also be paramount to success in this role.
- Accurately compile and analyze large amounts of qualitative and quantitative information/data using White Ops reporting tools and client feedback loop.
- Working with Account Management team, identify and investigate trends across White Ops client campaigns that can be leveraged for upsell and renewal opportunities.
- Establish templates and process for QBRs, renewal recaps, and monthly client updates.
- Provide ad hoc analysis requests for Sales based on client needs. Examples could be internal trends is ad fraud rates, mobile app vs mobile web trends or impact of fraud on viewability rates.
- Identify complex issues (conflicting data, client objections, industry trends, etc.) and offer solutions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with cross departmental team to contribute to strategic research efforts, including working with White Ops Marketing and industry partners. Contributions may include providing data points, writing or crafting narrative.
- Clearly articulate research findings to both customers and internal stakeholders.
- Understand White Ops Sales and Client Services responsibilities and initiatives in order to inform insights needs and opportunities.
- Surface and circulate new research tools and reports for White Ops cross functional teams to use and become aware of.
- Participate in strategic account planning, key account meetings and participate in client calls to position research.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgement and discretion in matters of significance.
- Become a White Ops product and service expert in order to reinforce and educate clients on White Ops methodology, measurement capabilities and services.
- Actively promote White Ops value and marketplace positioning of “human first”.
- Travel as necessary for client meetings (up to 25%.)
Who you are:
- 7+ years in digital marketing analysis.
- Ideal candidate, should be familiar with Account Management reporting systems, audience measurement tools and industry research resources.
- Understand fundamental digital media measurement.
- A background creating compelling stories that drive sales strategy using various sources of data.
- Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant and actionable insights.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written skills.
- Proficient and comfortable giving client facing presentations.
- Previous experience working in a client facing role in a fast paced environment with frequent pressure to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable interfacing with clients of all professional levels, from Senior Executives to Junior Account Managers.
- Proven track record of report extraction and analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is centrally located in NYC in the heart of the Flatiron District. We had yy% headcount growth last year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform • We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission • We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity • We're committed to building a product companies need • We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work •