Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
The Director of Clinical Product Strategy will report to our SVP of Medical Affairs and work closely with the Product, Provider Network, Product Design, Pharmacy and Data teams to ensure that Ro designs and implements an electronic medical record system that is built for providers. At Ro, you will be integral to building technology that helps individuals become a healthier version of themselves, turns physicians into better healthcare professionals, and powers our increasingly complex medical network.
Who are you? That's a great question. You are a clinician. You are an innovator at heart. You’re passionate about delivering safe, high-quality healthcare and harnessing technology to do so. You have incredible attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly and creatively as you work cross-functionally. You are a self-starter and a problem solver. You’re not afraid of thinking outside of the box. You have experience being a healthcare provider and are looking for a new way to help patients outside of the traditional healthcare setting. You're great at translating the in-person experience into a high quality digital experience. You have experience managing others and people thrive under your leadership. You are empathetic and enjoy design thinking.
Above all, you will be a core member of the tech-org (Product, Product Design, Engineering) cross functional team serving as clinical subject matter expert as we work to improve and provide human-centered solutions to the design of our electronic health record and pharmacy fulfillment software.
What You’ll Do:
- Conceptualize the ideal EMR experience from the point of view of the provider and the provider-patient relationship
- Serve as the clinical lead and partner to the tech-org to translate in person workflow to digital health workflow and optimize our homegrown EMR
- Represent Clinical team and most importantly providers on EMR build out initiatives
- Work with Pharmacy team to understand their workflow and opportunities for improvement
- Build, lead, and develop a successful Clinical Informatics team
- Optimize EMR buildout for Quality and Safety (auditing, side effects flagging/management, in-app best practices/provider guidance)
- Optimize EMR for research and data inquiries
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures regarding clinical documentation
- Serve as a liaison between Pharmacists, Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Nurses who use the EMR and the tech-org who builds and maintains the EMR
What You Bring to the Team:
- MD, DO or DNP degree or equivalent
- Board-certified or board eligible 8+ years of work experience with 2+ years in Clinical Informatics/Innovation, 2+ years of direct people management, and 3+ years in direct patient care
- Experience with innovating and implementing technology/devices/features
- Strong point of view on the future of healthcare
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with using information technology and EMRs to deliver healthcare, ideally in an outpatient setting
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment (startup experience is a plus)
- Experience working in telemedicine is a plus
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.