Director of Consumer Insights
Health care is hard. At Oscar, we’re here to make it easier. Our team includes people from a broad range of backgrounds who have joined Oscar to make a frustrating system more accessible, transparent, and human. Oscar is an industry leader when it comes to redefining the experience in healthcare, and marketing is a core stakeholder in shaping what that experience is. We’re building from the ground up, and refining to the point of perfection.
As the Director of Consumer Insights, you’ll build Oscar’s in-house consumer insights arm, establishing best practices and communicating insights to inform strategy across all elements of our marketing strategy, including acquisition and retention across business lines. Understanding the needs of our existing and potential customers is core to what we do, and we’d like you to build a regular cadence of these strategic insights in-house at Oscar.
What is the position?
- Own and amplify the pulse of Oscar’s customers throughout the organization.
- Partner across all parts of the marketing team to develop strong insights-driven personas and recommendations, including our Brand and Creative team, Growth Marketing, and Product Marketing.
- Partner with and provide insights and recommendations to our Brand and Creative team to continue to evolve our messaging and voice as we continue to grow.
- Develop and execute the research roadmap to better understand Oscar’s audiences, including: individual insurance consumers, small business benefit admins, health insurance brokers, and providers.
- Directly inform every stage of Oscar’s customer journeys, including but not limited to top of the funnel brand messaging, the marketing site and purchasing flow, new user onboarding, new feature prioritization, the Oscar Center experience, and customer service call routing flows.
- Develop and execute quantitative and qualitative research programs to develop insights, including: survey development, sample selection, programming, analysis, and reporting; recruiting and screening interview candidates, writing discussion guides, conducting interviews, and reporting on themes from interview results
- Assemble and maintain a repository of audience insights along with learnings from industry news and reports, and communicate key insights to stakeholders within Oscar.
- Identify and manage vendors to help us scale our research efforts (when and how we should bring on outside expertise to improve and scale).
Who are you?
- 8+ years of experience in consumer insights with experience with survey design, interview methodology, segmentation strategy, and persona development
- Experience with informing multiple different types of projects, including: creative/messaging, brand awareness, customer satisfaction, product engagement, web/purchasing flows, etc.
- Relentless focus on the consumer
- Scrappy and comfortable with stepping into execution mode as the first consumer insights hire
- Data-driven: you should have enough data chops to feel comfortable extracting, manipulating, and analyzing the results of surveys + other quantitative data sources
- Experience building teams and scoping roles as we scale
- Adept at synthesizing information, identifying key learnings, and communicating across different mediums to varied audiences
- Strong critical thinking skills + attention to detail
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.