Director, Consumer Strategy & Insights at Peloton
The Peloton brand is one of the most special brands in the world. Our mission is to use technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. Peloton’s values inform everything we do, from product strategy, to hiring, to decision-making.
- Put Members First - Design with a user-centered mindset. Obsess over every touchpoint of the member experience
- Operate with a bias for action - Challenge the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Take risks, fail fast, and learn from past failures
- Empower teams of smart creatives - Hire the best and get out of the way. Think and act like owners. Stay lean, scrappy and creative
- Together we go far - Build a diverse and inclusive community. Uphold the obligation to dissent and listen. Presume trust and be transparent
Peloton is looking for a strategic and business-minded Director of Consumer Strategy & Insights to join our growing team. This person will lead key projects from strategy through execution, collaborating with cross-functional leaders across Marketing, Media, Membership, Creative, International and Product teams to answer relevant business questions and inform decisions. The ideal candidate has extensive experience working with world-class consumer brands, is passionate about the consumer experience, and has a talent for data story-telling. They are highly skilled in translating data-driven insights into marketing actions and business recommendations. Reporting to the Senior Director of Consumer Strategy and Insights, this is an opportunity for the right person to help shape the company’s current marketing efforts and future go-to-market strategies.
- Define research needs and lead complex qualitative and quantitative research to inform key business initiatives, guiding team members in that work when relevant. Focus areas may include: global brand tracking, consumer profiling and journey mapping, research informing product development and positioning, and creative testing and optimization
- Synthesize research findings into insightful observations with clear, actionable business implications and strategic recommendations, working closely with leads of stakeholder organizations
- Regularly present and communicate findings to senior leadership in a clear and compelling way. Lead discussions that help inform decision-making across the business
- Elevate the consumer strategy aspect of our work. Continuously refine how we improve on our target audience and customer understanding, uncovering compelling insights
- Serve as a key leader contributing to the development and growth of the Insights team, sharing best practices and mentoring team members
- Act as the voice of the consumer. Become an expert on Peloton’s brand, products, target customer, and Members. Understand purchase barriers across products and markets and identify solutions with cross-functional teams to address them
- 8+ years of marketing strategy or consumer insights related experience working with world-class consumer brands at a leading consultancy, agency, or in-house marketing team
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA a plus
- Deep expertise executing and managing primary / secondary research, including mixed methodologies (quantitative and qualitative) and well-versed in a variety of research techniques and survey methodologies
- Exceptional at finding trends in the data, articulating the “so what,” and translating insights into strategic recommendations
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of brand strategy and an ability to lead broad brand tracking and consumer profiling initiatives.
- Comfortable navigating large datasets and a demonstrated willingness to get their hands dirty with internal reporting tools
- Proven track record working with diverse cross-functional teams and agencies across multiple geographies. Adept at guiding groups with divergent opinions toward a unifying decision, drawing upon data to ground decision-making
- Experience leading, coaching, or managing individual contributors
- Is forward-thinking, extremely organized, and skilled at managing complex workstreams and multiple vendor relationships
- Excellent communication and data story-telling skills, including the ability to clearly present findings and recommendations to senior leadership
- Is an independent, strategic, and creative thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and who is willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary
- Brings a strong passion for Peloton’s brand and products, the fitness category, and consumer brands more broadly
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.