Director, Data & Analytics
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 450+ buildings in 30+ countries, and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
The mission of Growth Technology is to deliver technology that powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right products to the right people at the right price at the right time. It includes how we create products out of SKUs, sellable inventory, and memberships, at a dynamically optimized price. Growth Technology covers the entire journey of a member, from their first interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through providing the right account visibility and flexibility so they stay a member for life and grow with us.
We are seeking a Director of Data & Analytics to lead our Data & Analytics organization in NY and to drive the strategic direction of the team. The group’s responsibilities are critical to the success of our sales and marketing efforts, both defining success via the right KPIs and ensuring that our product launches drive the right outcomes. The ideal candidate has high EQ that enables close working relationships with key leaders and ability to attract, motivate, retain, and develop leaders and team members. This role will partner with product and engineering leadership team and play an integral role in strategic decision-making. The right candidate will possess excellent business and communication skills, work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and prioritize the work across the teams to support the broader mission initiatives. The ideal person for this role is inquisitive, authentic, optimistic, and transparent. They’re passionate about growing and developing the team, and excited to promote an insights-driven data culture.
The role is based in our New York headquarters.
- Define the data and analytics strategy in partnership with functional leadership.
- Build and lead a team of Analysts, Data Scientists, BI Developers, and Data Engineers to own the design, development, and maintenance of scalable solutions for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, visualizations etc. to support analytical and business needs. Mentor and develop growth plans for those on the team.
- Be the voice of analytics, support in-depth business reviews, and present to leadership.
- Be a thought leader on data systems, data mining, and analysis to scale our capabilities, uncover trends, and develop insights.
- Partner with Product Management teams to drive requirements for new products and integrate data during product development.
- Build rapport and manage relationships with engineering, product, design, and other business stakeholders throughout the company.
- 5+ years experience leading data teams, with experience managing managers
- 4+ years experience performing advanced analytics using structured and unstructured data.
- A strong understanding of media (paid and earned) and experience in quantitative analytics with a focus on marketing analytics, statistical modeling, digital attribution, forecasting, optimization and/or predictive analytics.
- Solid conceptual understanding of methods in analytics and data science. Understanding of common roadblocks and technical challenges.
- Experience with SQL and Python/R.
- Proficiency in math, statistics, economics, engineering (or sociology/psychology with strong quantitative background) or a related field.
- Experience identifying, prioritizing, and getting buy-in for data opportunities within a large, rapidly growing organization.
- Experience in projects involving cross-functional teams and leaders to build scalable processes and metrics.
- Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines
- Proven track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a fast paced environment.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.