Director of Data & Analytics at LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 3,400 retailers and more than 1,200 brands across 22 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!The Role
LeafLink is seeking a Director of Data & Analytics to join our New York City team and lead our efforts to continue to build and mature our data-driven culture with a focus on team growth, driving strategic initiatives, and continuing to expand our company’s capabilities through business intelligence, analytics reporting, and data-driven product decisions.
As LeafLink continues to scale and grow our product offerings within the B2B cannabis market, we increasingly rely on data to inform our strategic vision and goals as well as to power many of our features and platform tools. As a leader within the company, this role will be heavily relied on to support, mature, and create new and more robust data offerings that benefit both internal and external stakeholders and have a lasting impact on our company and teams.
Reporting to the CTO and co-founder, this role will be responsible for building a dedicated team of data analysts and engineers, collaborating closely with various department stakeholders including Product, Engineering, Sales, and Customer Experience, and driving new business initiatives and revenue streams as our company continues to expand its market offerings. This role comes with the opportunity to be the leader of a new and emerging department within a company that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas.
The responsibilities described below are representative of those the person in this role would be performing, but should not be considered an exhaustive list - this position is extremely flexible in terms of its areas of focus!Responsibilities:
- Work with the LeafLink leadership team to establish both a short-term and long-term roadmap for the role data plays in our product growth, revenue growth, and operational growth
- Use data-driven techniques to foster innovation within the organization, and serve as the organization's thought leader on analytics approaches necessary for driving business impact
- Support the success of various functional teams via data-driven decision making and ensure alignment across teams based on their individual data needs
- Collaborate with technical leaders and define the strategy around continuous investments around data infrastructure and platform to enable critical data capabilities
- Periodically evaluate the data vendor landscape and identify strategic partnerships / solutions that can bring high ROI to the organization as it scales
- Able to work in a hands-on fashion to ensure successful execution of data initiatives, leading by example
- Nurture and grow a team of data analysts and data scientists and support their professional development
- Ensure data best practices and play a critical role in building a data-driven culture throughout the entire organization
- Established track record driving business goals and offerings through data, business intelligence, and analytics
- Have built and lead a data team that has created a data-driven culture at a company as they scale
- Track record as a hands-on data leader delivering models within a large scale data environment
- Proficiency with Python and R, or similar analytics and programming languages
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (RedShift, S3, EC2, EMR, etc.) and Apache Spark preferred
- Familiarity with relational modeling, database applications and integrations, ETL tools, client/server solutions, and modern query languages preferred
- Experience with statistical methods, machine learning techniques, and prolific A/B testing in service of real-world business challenges
- Experience managing and developing high-performance teams
- Ability to engage with a wide variety of team members at different levels, delivering insights and recommendations
- Generous PTO
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k Offered
- Stock options
- Team events