Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are—bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About this role:
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead our incredible Data Analytics team, currently a team of eight. In this role, you will manage, mentor, and motivate the team; you will help the team to produce and celebrate their best work. You will align the team with collaborators and stakeholders from across the organization (including data science, engineering, product, clinical and market operations) to put the team in the best position to deliver high-value work. You will create a data strategy that cultivates and utilizes data as a key asset, highlighting and elevating the value of data at Cityblock. Taken together, you will foster data-informed decision making across the organization through scalable reporting and other data services, ultimately to deliver greater outcomes for our Cityblock’s members.
You must love data and help others get excited about the possibilities it creates. You enjoy sharing your knowledge and approach with others and act as an ambassador for the data universe. As a business, we like to take an analytical approach to everything, we believe that data-driven thinking best highlights the path towards great impact. You will expand that thinking.
You must have an exceptional data analytics background and ideally a heavy emphasis in the healthcare industry, at a provider or similar organization. We’re flexible for a great person.
The person in this role will:
- Identify opportunities to meaningfully use first and third-party data across Cityblock and contribute to the development of a coherent data strategy
- Manage, engage, and grow a team of data analysts, and foster good data governance within the team and across the organization.
- Ensure excellence in data analytics.
- Balance interests and requirements across Data, Engineering, Finance, Actuary, Clinical, and Market Operations. Align stakeholders and the data team with tight development scopes, and ensure the speed and integrity of project decision making.
- Be an engaging data ambassador and educate the organization at all levels on the opportunities and best practices available. Shift our approach towards more complete data analytics including guidance and storytelling from data.
- Advise on technical solutions to ensure the resilience and scalability of data analytics operations and engineering / orchestration.
You are a good fit if:
- You enjoy managing and mentoring smart people in data-centric jobs and guiding them through a changing environment. You lead with empathy; you intuitively navigate team and interpersonal dynamics; and you exert soft influence in order to get things done.
- You are an engaging communicator with a strong editorial mindset towards clean and crisp messaging. You can modulate content and medium thoughtfully for audience scale and seniority.
- You enjoy empowering teams and giving people ownership over their work drawing out their expertise whilst meeting the expectations of stakeholders and the business.
- You have at least three years of experience managing teams of eight or more; along with ownership over high-visibility products and engagements of varied scale and scope.
- You have at least ten years of data-centric career work (including aforementioned management experience), a portion of that time running a business intelligence platform.
- You have experience working in a broad range of data analytics areas including business intelligence, data governance, and master data management,
- Deep domain knowledge of healthcare (acuity, members) and healthcare insurance (claims, risk, eligibility, etc.)
Please include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.