Director of Data and Platform Engineering
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- Basing your work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- Collaborating with a team both onsite and offsite -- about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote; we worry about results, not time spent in seats.
What We're Looking For:
- You have at least 6 years of experience
- You have held a senior leadership role in a team of 50–80 engineers (or slightly larger), with direct and indirect responsibility over at least 20–30, with a significant remote component.
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- You have experience dealing with APIs, services, and data at scale, processing and transforming hundreds of millions of transactions and data points on any given day.
- You enjoy managing each team and project at the right level of detail, providing support and guidance without being afraid to get your hands dirty from time to time
- You have a proven track record of growing engineering teams through great hires, fostering the creation of a harmonious culture, and finding the right intersection between expediency and best practice.
- You’re a great mentor, and enjoy helping other engineers grow and realize their full potential.
- You take your job very seriously, but you don’t take yourself too seriously!
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll be a part of Noom's rocketship-- revenue has grown 20x in the last 2 years and our team is growing fast.
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, daily gourmet meals prepared by our onsite chefs, and onsite yoga
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting your professional and personal growth: we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll add to our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit culture
Noom Inc. is a leader in mobile health coaching. We combine the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change. Our direct-to-consumer mobile applications have reached more than 45 million users worldwide-- and counting. We’ve leveraged our behavior change platform to incorporate the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), and have expanded to programs for diabetes management, pre-hypertension, and hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Director of Platform Engineering to help us shape and maintain the teams in charge of all our data engineering, science, and analysis, our API, and all Engineering Support services. This senior management position reports directly to our VP of Engineering and exerts a significant amount of impact on the overall success of our team.