Director of Data Engineering at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that make spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch's data team is continuing to be built from the ground up. We're covering all aspects of the Latch's data strategy including: analysis, engineering, science, & more. We are firm believers of bringing in smart people that can define the roles for themselves, so come join us and start creating greatness.
- Define the data & analytics strategy across Latch to promote a self-service data culture
- Design and implement an enterprise data platform to support business intelligence and data science initiatives
- Define and own data governance processes to manage data quality, security, and access across Latch
- Manage the growing team of data analysts, data engineers, and data scientists
- Build relationships with departments across Latch. Champion a data-driven culture
- Identify opportunities for new data products for internal and external customers
- Collaborate with and support department analytics teams to streamline organization of analytics across Latch
- BS in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of general software programming experience in Java, Python, or similar languages
- Expert level of understanding in SQL
- Expert knowledge of database and data warehousing technologies, schema design, and query optimization techniques
- Experience in ETL pipelines and data transformations
- Excellent communication skills
- MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
- Experience with Map-Reduce technologies such as Spark or Hadoop
- Understanding of basic data science concepts
- Experiencing in production-izing machine learning models
- Acute sense of data analysis: being able to make sense out of many seemingly unrelated data sets
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment.
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 200+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
Applicant Privacy Notice