Director of Data Engineering at Animoto
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:33 a.m. (EST) on Friday, May 7, 2021
We are a remote-first, office-optional team. You are invited to do the best work of your life from anywhere within the USA.
At Animoto, we have always believed video is the most powerful form of communication. The pandemic has made this more true than ever. Small businesses face unprecedented challenges in connecting with their audiences, as consumers are also challenged to connect with friends and family. Video can bring us together.
That’s why our mission is to help anyone make a powerful, professional video. We make best-in-class, easy-to-use web and mobile video creation apps, with pre-built narrative templates and stunning video styles, that help our customers customize their own engaging videos to share on social media and beyond.
Over the next three years, we have a mission to make video creation faster, easier, and more fun, on any device, in ways that have never been done before.
Animoto is looking for a Director of Data Engineering to lead and grow our Data Engineering team. In this role, you will work with talented engineers and analysts responsible for building, operating, and maintaining our data warehouse to support all of our analytics and business intelligence reporting data needs across the company. You will also be responsible for developing a vision towards a new analytics and video creation platform that will be built on top of data science and machine learning.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and manage our Data Engineering Team
- Develop the vision for our path towards Machine Learning and Data Science
- Work with analysts and business owners to iterate on data warehouse design and data models that feed our business intelligence tool to make data more accessible and foster data-driven decision making across the company
- Clearly communicate the team's vision, roadmap, prioritization decisions, and insights to the rest of the company
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years managing people or mentoring a team of engineers
- 6+ years experience in designing, building and maintaining data pipelines
- Experience in dimensional data modeling and architecting data platforms
- Experience with scalable cloud based data warehouses (e.g. Redshift)
- Experience with database scaling and optimization
- Experience with modern data pipeline/orchestration tools (e.g. Airflow)
- Experience with clickstream analytics and event processing frameworks (e.g. Snowplow, Kafka, Kinesis)
- Expertise with modern BI tools and data visualization (e.g. Looker)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL for various reporting and transformation needs
- Strong working knowledge of Python and familiarity with the data ecosystem (e.g. Pandas, Numpy) for data cleaning and transformation
- Experience with Machine Learning a plus
Why join Animoto?
- Opportunities for professional growth
- 100% covered health insurance
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Contribution to 401k
- $600/year as part of our subscriptions perk
- Remote work setup
- Bi-weekly Product Demos, Social Thursdays, Focus Fridays
Please note that we are not currently sponsoring visas.
We embrace the differences of our team members and seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. It is our inherent belief that diverse teams build better products. We aim to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We welcome you to be a part of it.
Read Full Job Description